Topic: [Standard] Selesnya Aggro

So, I am trying my hand at a Selesnya deck, whcih I have no experience with, and am looking for some help. I took it as it is to Gameday and did terribly. I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback for improvement?

http://deckbox.org/sets/511388

Thank you for any help or feedback you can provide!

Re: [Standard] Selesnya Aggro

Dude, if you're playing Selesnya you gotta be running 4x Loxodon Smiters, 4x Fleecemane Lion/Call of the Conclave and some rootborn defenses. You gotta have at least 24 creatures, if not more in this deck. At least between creatures and spells that make creatures. I would drop all the stuff like Gideon, Spear, Heliod, Bow and other things and streamline this thing as a creature based aggro deck.

Here is a link to a list that is pretty good. Frank Lepore even shows you how to play it. I hope this helps.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=11432

GarrukWildspeaker went and beat me to the punch, but he's spot on regarding the way the build should be refocused on the creatures.  Selesnya has some MAJOR advantage in that it consistently produces 3/3 creatures for the same cost other colors will pay to get a 2/1 or 2/2.  Additionally, Advent of the Wurm is pretty good I hear.

If you'd like to take a gander, here's the list my GF ran at Theros Gameday and did pretty well with (considering she's still learning to play in competitive environments beyond casual and EDH).  http://deckbox.org/sets/428181

One other point of personal preference regarding Voice of Resurgence.  It's a great card that's seeing play across a few formats, it's certainly a pricey one too.  But that aside, I personally don't see the sense of it MB in an aggro build.  If it's your objective to put a ton of pressure on the opponent early, a 3/3 for two is much better than a 2/2 for two, regardless of its ability to drop the elemental token when it dies.  I could see having them in the SB for control match-ups and such when you know the game is going to slow down, but in an aggro shell, I would rather have Fleecemane Lion, Call of the Conclave, Selesnya Charm or Precinct Captain in my hand long before I would want Voice.  Maybe it's the fact I've unloaded all of mine already, but I remember watching it just flounder at my LGS for DGM Gameday...

The Voice of Resurgence and Advent of the Wurm tokens are amazing whenever you have Trostani in play.

Thank you everyone for your help! I can't really buy more cards right now. So, I'll try to work it out with what I have in my inventory and see where that gets me. Now at least I have an idea of where to go, and can figure out what works for me. Thanks again! big_smile

Unless you're overly attached to them, Sphinx's Revelation or Archangel of Thune could easily finance  pretty much all the revisions suggested... and given that you only have 1x of either, it's unlikely you'll be using them in a standard deck anytime soon.