Topic: Best way to care for cards

I was curious how does everyone care for their cards? I am currently running out of space in my not to safe card holder boxes the old plastic ones with like 5 dividers. They are alright for commons and such but even those are starting to over run it.

I have also started using binders and card holders for the rares/uncommons. Sleeved the rares and sleeved/put the worth some cash cards into those more durable plastic tough case sleeves.

I am really looking for something to just sort my different sets into different boxes. I just need some ideas. I might invest in a nice but un needed art fixed page binder for my rares that are ok money that im willing to trade.

Re: Best way to care for cards

If you're being overrun with commons and such, many card shops / places that deal Magic sell large white boxes that store anywhere from 100-5000 cards. I recently bought one of those, and found that I have much more room for storage now. For rares, any binder with card pages should keep them in good condition. You could go all fancy and buy a monster / ultra pro brand black page binder, but any 3 ring with the traditional sport card pages will work just the same.

-=Profile=-
Buying cards for store inventory, check my profile!

Re: Best way to care for cards

If you go with the 3 ring binder route, make sure that your cards are able to always lay flat.  I've seen a lot of cards in almost perfect shape, but with binder dings in them from the metal rings.  This is particularly true if you are taking cards in a backpack. I use three ring binders myself, so I'm not saying don't use them, I'm just saying to be careful about how full you allow them to become, how you close them, how you store them, and how you pack them when you travel.  Every time you close one, pull the pages so they don't get caught under one of the rings.  They make binders with D shaped rings, but I've heard those mess up too easily.  Stick to multiple smaller binders and don't stuff them. 

I'll also second the white long boxes, and large white multi row card boxes for commons.