Re: Release 3.0: Deckbox Market

cdutson wrote:

As part of the seller requirements, the following is stated:

You also will need to provide a description of your store policies, your shipping fees and a billing address

This feels a bit vague, at least with the first part (store policies). I'm interested in selling cards, but I'm not a professional business; could we get an example of what policies you are looking for/ a boilerplate that all sellers must comply to as a baseline?

I'm excited about this, but I wanna get all my ducks in a row before I jump in.

Is this going to be answered at all? I'd like to become a seller, but I want to make sure everything's okay before hand.

Another question: Is there any way to institute a minimum purchase amount? I'd like to make sure the sale is worth the time. The idea of selling 0.20 cents worth of cards doesn't really appeal, you know?

Your store policies should include things like how you package and ship your cards (ie use of tracking automatic on certain number of cards purchased or combined shipping on seperate orders), how long it will take you to process an order once payment clears, how long your willing to wait for payment before you cancel the order or move to dispute and return / refund policies. Pretty much anything you want to the buyer to consider and be aware of when the purchase from you.

As for the min amount purchase, Im not sure if there is an actual feature that can be set but that is something your should be sure to disclose as a "store policy" like the examples above.

Helios52 wrote:

Your store policies should include things like how you package and ship your cards (ie use of tracking automatic on certain number of cards purchased or combined shipping on seperate orders), how long it will take you to process an order once payment clears, how long your willing to wait for payment before you cancel the order or move to dispute and return / refund policies. Pretty much anything you want to the buyer to consider and be aware of when the purchase from you.

As for the min amount purchase, Im not sure if there is an actual feature that can be set but that is something your should be sure to disclose as a "store policy" like the examples above.

Ahh thanks. This is good info to have. I'll take this into consideration for sure. I really hope they can institute a built-in way of managing minimum purchase prices, but I guess adding it as a store policy is a decent stop-gap measure.

EDIT:

One more question... "PayPal Verified Business seller account" does this have to be a Business account, or can it be a Premier account? The difference between the two being that one is an individual that buys/sells online, and the other being an actual business. I assume many people on here that want to be sellers aren't full-on businesses.

Last edited by cdutson (2014-04-02 03:21:10)

Yep, you do not have to be an actual business. Only to have a verified PayPal account that accepts payments.

sebi wrote:
outofstep wrote:

Are we obligated to sell at the price shown, per website rules?

You have to sell at the price you have when the buyer pays for the order. If I made an order and paid for it, you have to ship what I bought.

Please note, as these are not trades, there is no "accept" stage for you as a seller. If a buyer sees what you have to sell and pays, you sold it.

To address the problem with leaving and coming back to surprises, we have added a Vacation Mode. Setting it to on will prevent anyone to trade you stuff or to buy things from you.

We want to add more powerful market tools too, which can analyze your tradelist and show which cards you are selling way below market value or way above market value, to help with managing sales inventories.

If you plan to add market tools that can show which cards are below/above market value, how easy would it be to automatically remove these cards from my sales list? (if I opted into such automation) I feel that I'd never use a peer-to-peer selling system if had to micro-manage my sales list to reflect price spikes. I don't have time to follow the card market closely enough to catch such price spikes before it'd be too late. Would deckbox help with that, or would I need to subscribe to some other service to alert me to these price spikes?

Maybe I'm missing something.  Is there some way to browse what is for sale in the marketplace?  I see the section on my frontpage where it lists when somebody puts a card on my wishlist up for sale, but this list only contains one card from my wishlist.  Are very few people selling? Or am i missing the way to search the marketplace?

bactgudz wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something.  Is there some way to browse what is for sale in the marketplace?  I see the section on my frontpage where it lists when somebody puts a card on my wishlist up for sale, but this list only contains one card from my wishlist.  Are very few people selling? Or am i missing the way to search the marketplace?

+1

I'd love to be able to browse the marketplace for cards.

Suggestion for Sebi and the rest of the Deckbox team: Add the ability for sellers to set a minimum value for purchases. Or set a global minimum purchase amount like TCGplayer does. At the top of my profile I clearly state that I will not do sales for under $10 simply because it is not worth the shipping cost.

For example: I just received an order for $1.30. Deckbox + Paypal fees come to about 43c + 70c shipping (49c + 21c non-machinable) nets me a whopping 17c profit. If this is what I have to look forward to then I have no reason to list any cards worth less than $10. If I do that, and I believe other sellers would as well, then DB will never get pricing information for the lower value cards.

I know this is probably quite low on the priority list, but I do think it is a very big problem that needs to be addressed.

True @ Kammikaze, we're adding it this week.

Will sellers have the option of selling lots or sets? For example, if I want to sell specific tokens in groups of ten, or playsets (4-of) of specific uncommons like Rancor? What about selling thousands for a set price (e.g., 3,500 C/U for $25)?

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

For shipping, could you add an option for overall purchase price? I don't care how many cards people order, I care how much they pay. Example:

If someone orders 2 dollars worth of cards, I need to charge for shipping. I can't afford to offer free shipping when the order total isn't enough.

However, if smoeone orders 50 dollars worth of cards, I would be willing to ship for free regardless of the amount of cards. But, I can't set shipping prices in this way.

Does this make sense / can it be added? I feel like it is a necessary functionality for deckbox to be a good marketplace for a seller.

Last edited by tjdrake719 (2014-04-09 13:11:09)

The above request is just like sellers on TCGPlayer that offer super saver shipping, where buyers get free shipping above $25.  Adding a configurable dollar threshhold for free shipping might be nice, but a set value makes it much easier for buyers to know when the free shipping option will kick in.

psrex wrote:

The above request is just like sellers on TCGPlayer that offer super saver shipping, where buyers get free shipping above $25.  Adding a configurable dollar threshhold for free shipping might be nice, but a set value makes it much easier for buyers to know when the free shipping option will kick in.

If its just a threshold, there needs to be a minimum order threshold too (I recommend 5 dollars). Since most sellers on here aren't stores, do people really want to be bothered with orders for 1.21?

sebi wrote:

I just bought into a seller account today. Once this is done, I'll put up all my cards. Until then, not having this feature means I'm only listing my cards that are worth $5 or more.

9700377 wrote:
sebi wrote:

I just bought into a seller account today. Once this is done, I'll put up all my cards. Until then, not having this feature means I'm only listing my cards that are worth $5 or more.

I'm holding off on buying into a seller account until features are fully fleshed out and outstanding questions have been answered.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I just have to say Keep It Up guys! I didn't notice before how reactive you are. I love to see the progress of changes. Just keep rolling on.

Also I have a seller account, haven't sold anything yet, but I have bought a few items! 2/3 have shipped right away. Do you plan to make a feedback system?

Also I would LOVE a direct shortlink to my "store" listing all the cards. The one thing TCG hasn't done ( dumbly ) is make it how users can browse a particular seller. -- I don't know what they are thinking, honestly.

-

> http://deckbox.org/users/P9CO

H: Tradelist | W: Standard cards on my wishlist
- The higher number on my want list the more I want it!

Maybe there could be an option to price selected cards by a %, rather than only your whole tradelist/inventory?

9700377 wrote:
sebi wrote:

Any updated ETA on this feature?