Topic: Bug report: More was purchased than I had marked available

I sent this as an email yesterday, but thought this forum may be a better venue.

tl;dr: Someone was able to purchase cards from my inventory that were not in my tradelist.

Please use this order as an example:

http://deckbox.org/orders/605

You'll notice that the buyer was able to place an order, and pay for, 3x Consuming Aberration and 2x Dimir Charm.

The problem is, I only had 2x Consuming Aberration and 1x Dimir Charm in my tradelist, though I had more in my inventory. It seems as though the buyer was able to add more to his purchase than I had in my tradelist, based on my inventory!

I would have thought I simply made a mistake, but I have an inventory spreadsheet I exported on April 19 that shows the correct amount in my inventory and tradelist. (I emailed that spreadsheet to support@.)

I completed the purchase - I had to take two cards from my inventory that I didn't want to, but I want a good seller score, and this was my first sale.

What's going on? I'm worried that I'm going to be getting orders for things I have no intention of selling.

Re: Bug report: More was purchased than I had marked available

Yep, I was just getting to answering your email, I was looking into the issue more closely first. Will definitely be fixed later today.

Thank you for sending the cards despite the bug, much appreciated! We'll add a 10$ discount on your next bill, hopefully that compensates a little bit for the inconvenience.

Looks like before the order you actually had 6 Consuming Aberration in your inventory, and 3 in your Tradelist. (on the 22nd of April).

Still looking into how that changed from the 19th when you had the export. But rest assured that people cannot order things that you do not have in your tradelist.

The Dimir Charm, too - that one only showed as 1 on my spreadsheet, too.

I believe I imported a number of cards after that spreadsheet was generated, but only from Theros.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it. I appreciate it, and I enjoy using the site.

Did you import them by adding manually? Or by importing a csv file?

I copy/pasted a large list of cards and counts into the "Import | Card List" box.

Found in in the logs when you added both the consuming aberration and the dimir charm, on the 19th Apr at around 01:39 GMT, in between adding various other gatecrash cards - Dinrova Horror, Kingpin's Pet, etc.

Nothing looks suspicious about this, pherhaps you mis-typed the counts or forgot about this afterwards?

The export you sent was done on the same day but earlier than this change.

These were added one by one, with the import box, not pasted in.

Wow - if this was my error, and it's sounding like it was, please don't reward it by crediting my account! I did a lot on the 19th - I must have screwed something up.

Sounds like I need to do some spot-checking. hmm

Sure, no problem. Happens to all of us! smile