Topic: [ Rules ] Return to Glory questions...

1) Can I use the Return to Glory effect in my opponent's turn?

2) Can I play a unit card on a quest card using Return to Glory effect's?

smile

Last edited by Niko (2011-01-30 08:34:56)

Re: [ Rules ] Return to Glory questions...

1. I don't see why not.
2. Yes. (again I can't think of a reason why not)

For the first question I was almost sure... but the second one I have doubts... read at pag. 11 on the rules... it is written:

"To send a unit on a quest, a player plays the unit on top of the quest card when he plays that unit from his hand."

I don't know if it is a restriction the "form his hand" or just a way to put a unit card on a quest...

I agree with your reading on the second question. As written I think I was wrong with my original answer. That said I wonder if that was the intent of the rule.

Niko wrote:

smile

1. You can use Return to Glory during any Action window in the game, so yes.
2. You have to have a unit already on RtG in order to activate its effect, so you would need a 2nd RtG to even attempt this, but even then you cannot do it, for the reason you gave from the rulebook.  There are a lot of ways to get units into your quest zone, only playing them from your hand lets you put them on the quest.

Last edited by Entropy (2011-01-31 16:16:37)

Entropy wrote:
Niko wrote:

smile

1. You can use Return to Glory during any Action window in the game, so yes.
2. You have to have a unit already on RtG in order to activate its effect, so you would need a 2nd RtG to even attempt this, but even then you cannot do it, for the reason you gave from the rulebook.  There are a lot of ways to get units into your quest zone, only playing them from your hand lets you put them on the quest.

thanks entropy ^_^

Discard X resource tokens from this card to put into play a unit in your discard pile into any zone. X equals the printed cost of the unit.

Peasant Militia cool

or is 0 an invalid target

As far as I can tell 0 is valid target. There is no restriction that you can use first action "only if a unit is questing here" so you could get PM even if you dont have a unit on that quest.
Though I guess they will errata it adding restriction about having unit questing or that the lowest cost is 1.

I iz Burbotz Grinwipea, Sneaky Git and Uzeful also.
Green iz da' best and red goes fasta!
WAAAGH!

to use a quest power, there has to be a unit on it

and i believe, that the "Discard X resource tokens from this card to" makes 0 impossible to target

You need unit on a quest to use its ability.

And 0 is valid target, since u can discard 0 tokens to put into play unit with 0 cost.

well then.... smile

kthx

But if I need a unit to use an Action on a "Quest" why with the new "Quest" like for example, Raiding Camps draws a card as soon as it comes into play, although I have not put unit?

Last edited by Horatius (2012-01-25 07:51:06)

becuaz:

Quest. Action: When this card enters play, draw a card.

Quest. Action: When you play a Chaos non-Attachment support card from your hand, destroy target support card in a zone with no units if a unit is questing here.

u might found out already within the past 3 months lol

Last edited by 5oRitez (2012-04-14 14:55:28)

RtG got rewarded on last faqs to clarify the issue described here smile