Topic: Amazing pull this morning... What was your best pull?

I bought a single Innistrad pack while picking up some food items this morning (blister pack at a mass market retailer).  I pulled dual Liliana of the Veil--regular and foil!!!

This happened to me one other time, about a year ago, when I got a foil Ajani and a regular one in the same pack.

What have been your best pulls?

Post's attachments

DualLili.jpg 126.61 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Amazing pull this morning... What was your best pull?

That is an awesome big pull.  I seem to get better cards out of the peg packs at the big box stores than I do at the game stores.  My booster box purchase of Gatecrash earned me no Planeswalkers and only 2 mythics.    That being said, in 8 blister packs I have pulled at least 3 Planeswalkers, the obvious promo foils on the front and another 3 foils (1 a rare) in the packs.

It's like the repackaging company Excell, has some way of sorting better packs into the blister packs.  I've always wondered if the mini QR code and coke rewards like 14 digit code are trackable by Wizards/Hasbro back to which cards are in which packs.

It's an interesting thought--one that I've had, too.  While I've had good pulls from boxes, loose packs at stores, and in blister packs, my impression is that I've gotten consistently better pulls from the blister packs, too.

My best pull was a foil and a nonfoil Damnation. My 2nd best was pulling Tarmogoyf out of a $.99 pack from walmart. it was one of those packs that didn't always contain a rare so I was really pumped.

Those little six packs can be fun, especially when you can pick them up in the clearance trays for $0.99 (they usually are just under $2.00).

My big question now is should I sell the foil Lili, or hold on to her.  I've scanned some discussions online, and may believe she is the #2 card behind The Jace.  Some speculators think she will hit $500-600 (foil) within five years.

Hold the foil.  If you're not going to play her at all, sell the non-foil now if you need cash, but hold that shiny one for all the Modern, Legacy, and Commander foil whores smile

FWIW, I get better stuff from boxes.  I also seem to get better pulls from Target boosters than Wally, but that may just be luck of the draw.  Wally I consistently turn my $4.00 boosters into a $0.50 bulk rare and a nearly worthless pile of commons and uncommons.

Last edited by Zooligan (2013-04-11 20:02:07)

I pulled two foil Jace MS and a non-foil from one box on Release night.

i'd have to say my best pull was at the Dark Ascension pre-release party where i pulled both an Olivia voldaren, Snapcaster mage, and a Clifftop retreat from my 3 packs of cards followed by both a Geralf's Messenger and a gravecralwer from my dark ascension packs. too bad i had no idea of the value at the time.  i just thought, hey random cards i wont use.  they were swindled out of me :c ahh, such as life haha

VampireArmy wrote:

i'd have to say my best pull was at the Dark Ascension pre-release party where i pulled both an Olivia voldaren, Snapcaster mage, and a Clifftop retreat from my 3 packs of cards followed by both a Geralf's Messenger and a gravecralwer from my dark ascension packs. too bad i had no idea of the value at the time.  i just thought, hey random cards i wont use.  they were swindled out of me :c ahh, such as life haha

Oh, that sucks (someone taking advantage).  I parted with a few full art Unhinged lands for under a dollar each before I learned what they were worth.

My best pulls was from a RTR the day of release where I got a Jace, Foil Deathrite Shaman, Foil Abrupt Decay, and 3 shocks.

If considering overall pulls for an event, I must say that my Gatecrash pulls were great: two Gideon, two Obzedat, and an Aurelia's Fury.

HikingStick wrote:

Oh, that sucks (someone taking advantage).  I parted with a few full art Unhinged lands for under a dollar each before I learned what they were worth.

Sadly, i ended up buying a misty rainforest from a guy who didnt really play magic at all once.  i told him it was worth a few good bucks but all he wanted was a dollar!

VampireArmy wrote:

Sadly, i ended up buying a misty rainforest from a guy who didnt really play magic at all once.  i told him it was worth a few good bucks but all he wanted was a dollar!

It sounds like you tried to alert him of the additional value.  That was the right thing to do.  I've willingly parted with cards for less than their value when helping out new players or friends.  So long as the seller knew what he was doing, just try to return the favor if you ever do business again.

HikingStickquote wrote:

It sounds like you tried to alert him of the additional value.  That was the right thing to do.  I've willingly parted with cards for less than their value when helping out new players or friends.  So long as the seller knew what he was doing, just try to return the favor if you ever do business again.

oh trust me ive straight given cards of extreme value to friends who needed them badly enough

I just picked up a collection for $100 and found 2 Force of Will, 4 Bloodstained Mire and 4 Goblin Piledriver, and I've just scratched the surface.

LootPinata wrote:

I just picked up a collection for $100 and found 2 Force of Will, 4 Bloodstained Mire and 4 Goblin Piledriver, and I've just scratched the surface.

Ill give you 200 for it right now

LootPinata wrote:

Nice!

Man what the hell this is from back in April.

(Most of the collections I see are more along the lines of "I have 3000 Homelands and Fallen Empires cards, asking $300, that's only ten cents a card!")

I had a buddy pull a snapcaster mage and a foil snapcaster in his prize pool at FNM.

Pulling from the back, he saw the foil, freaked out, and then after the room collected itself, went to the rare and freaked out even more.

It was quite the moment.

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101686590/Scorecards/Landscape.png

I pulled a Worldfire out of a $0.99 pack from Target. I also pulled both a Mutavault and a Chandra, The Firebrand out of a Deckbuilder's.

first 3 packs of modern masters box:

Foil vendillian CLique
Tarmagoyf

Foil Elspeth
Dark Confidant

foil Blinkmoth nexus
Vendilian Clique

Needless to say, I haven't been inclined to buy another box since....

Forgive me for my uninformed inquiries, but do you know if all these blister packs you speak of are a) still on the market and b) available in Canada? Our first targets opened about 6 months ago, and while I have seen magic stuff there both in the US and Canada, I've never encountered anything but the regular duel decks and such, and even if they did contain crap cards, for 99 cents, it'd be worth it. I know Dollarama (Canadian chain) carries packs of outdated commons and uncommons, but I got a full set of Urza Lands from there (don't remember which set, but they were worth 2-4 bucks).

Ehh... Good pulls are not my forte. I got an Indestructibility and a foil Indestructibility, but the card is worth 30 cents, so not much good. I got Chandra as a first pick in a draft. That was nice. Then I came dead last regardless.

We are pretty lame over here, but we had a really awesome pack duel against each other a few weeks ago. My pack had Imposing Sovereign(foil) and Scavenging Ooze together, which was absolutely perfect!

During a draft a while back I also had the lucky touch to pull an Avacyn, Angel of Hope.

Last edited by BabyDemon (2013-10-11 18:54:17)

Betrayers of Kamigawa:
I bought Rat's nest pre-con  (not knowing about the decklist) and 2 booster on release: My rare in the 2 booster: Umezawa's Jitte and... Umezawa's Jitte!

Temple Garden

Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Last edited by overlordmario (2013-10-17 00:24:23)