Topic: Potential future enhancement (watchlist)

I was thinking about a feature that could be useful for me, and hopefully others.  The ability to be notified when a user adds a specific card to their tradelist (or even wishlist).  For example, I have been looking for a Doubling Season for a few months now and seem to have exhausted my resources on this site.  I don't mind waiting a few more months before I finally break down and buy it from eBay or wherever but I would rather trade for the card if I can. 

So, it would be helpful to have a service that informs me whenever a user adds this card to their tradelist so I can see if we can configure a trade that both parties agree upon.  My only alternative is to randomly check back on the list of people trading the card and go through each one of them again and again to find a trade.  This takes a fair amount of time to do as some cards are on 50+ tradelists.

This may not be the right solution and I certainly won't cry if a notification system isn't implemented.  My true issue is the two-fold problem of learning about a desired card being recently added to a tradelist and figuring out whose tradelist it's on without just going through all of them every time.  Something as simple as an indicator on the card page showing that the card was recently added to the tradelist or that I haven't personally seen this tradelist through this card page before might be a suitable alternative.

No huge rush but food for thought nonetheless!

Re: Potential future enhancement (watchlist)

A feature of this sort would be wonderful.

I would imagine the new tradelist system Sebi is working on may do something similar to this!

Be cool if you could denote parameters for the alerts.
Ex: GeoRange, condition, must want stuff I have, etc.

Notification parameters would be the cherry on top for sure!

one thing I just recently noticed is that if you click on a card, you can scroll down to see who has the card on their trade list

http://deckbox.org/mtg/Doubling%20Season

aviator13 wrote:

one thing I just recently noticed is that if you click on a card, you can scroll down to see who has the card on their trade list

http://deckbox.org/mtg/Doubling%20Season

You are correct, sir.  I was actually commenting on what happens after I've gone through that entire list.  What do I do then?  My options are to beg for a site enhancement (purdy pwease?) or to comb through that list again and again trying to keep track of who is new.