Topic: Collection export to CSV, private community events, MtG movie

Collection export

Yay, the much requested feature is finally here. In the View drop down menu of your Inventories, Tradelists and Wishlists you can now find an Export option. In the dialog that opens you will be able to chose which columns to be present in the export file.

As usual, let us know what works, what doesn't, and what's missing. smile. (By the way, the guys with more than 5k-10k distinct cards in their inventory and a lot of detail information on them, expect exports to be in excess of 1MB in size, and to take around 10-20 seconds).

Communities and user profiles

We've got various cosmetic fixes and improvements in other areas as well:

• the ability to create private events for communities

• signup time is tracked for event participants, hovering over a name will show the time he signed up (useful for first-come-first-served things)

• the Edit Profile page is simpler now, and things dealing with preferences have been moved to a new Settings page

Spam

Sadly, it looks like even small tcg websites cannot escape the spam industry smile. If you have received any spam email last week from deckbox, we are sorry. We've banned the offending accounts, and set up some monitoring tools, and a captcha on the email send page, so we should be safe.

Tap: Max´s Game

Last but not least, we've received some information about an independent Czech independent movie about Magic the Gathering. We wish the director / producer Kamil Beer and entire cast a hearty Good luck, and we hope people will warmly welcome this and other productions about trading card games.

The movie is a small-budget, non-profit production that will be released on the internet for free and in independent cinemas for a symbolic entry fee. You can find an overview by the director below. Don't forget to visit their website: http://maxovahra.com/?lang=en and their facebook page.

http://deckbox.org/system/images/forum/max_movie.png

About the film

Tap: Max´s Game is a Czech independent film, a sports drama, produced by 2D studio in coproduction with AVC ČVUT. Written and directed by Kamil Beer. Directors of photography Tomáš Lénárd, Petr Pulc and AVC ČVUT. Editor Tomáš Lénárd. Musical score composed by Stanislav Ferko, author of the Srdce musical and Srdcefest organisator.  Max´s Game is the first film inspired by the card game Magic: the Gathering, played by over six million people around the world. This unique independent film, dedicated not only to Magic players and fans of the sports drama genre, tells an exciting story about the strength of a true friendship.

Max´s Game began only as a thought. The film´s writer and director, Kamil Beer, was listening to Rocky IV soundtrack every morning while traveling to school, and imagined the film scenes.

He met Tomáš Lénárd and with their first film crew, they commenced the shooting. The cinematography wasn´t going as expected, though, so a year after, they welcomed Petr Pulc of AVC ČVUT along with his colleagues into the crew and began reshooting. The team consisted of Kamil Beer as the director, Jana Machová as the assistant director and Ladislav Vitouš and Jana Alferyová as the much needed motivators. After a national casting, the Key Make-up Irena Mášová found her way to the team and slowly, the film crew gained many talented members, united after a common goal.

Official trailer

Re: Collection export to CSV, private community events, MtG movie

sebi, the export seems to be working great!

I just did an export and my current inventory tracked with decbox.org is;

16366 cards, 3914 distinct

Export took less than 10 seconds at 1:01 AM EST.

One thing that may be useful to include is to export the file with a name like "MMDDYYYY-HHMM_USERNAME_GAMESYSTEM_inventory" as the file name convention.  Would make it easier to dump files periodically as personal backups etc.

As always appreciate your continued efforts to improve the site.

Leif

Signup time is awesome, but is it intended so that you can see only your own signup or is the organizer the only one able to see everybody's sign up time?

Also, I'm not sure about the purpose of the numbering. If signup time works fine, why the numbers?

Anyway, great job. Thanks.

missao, the signup date and time will appear only for signups that are made from now on, there was no way to know the signup time for past events sad. If you hover over a participant in the event participants list, everybody should be able to see their signup time. The numbering is there to help event organizers that have some sort of promotion (promo card) for the first x participants that sign up, to easily see which are the first x participants (as requested by mihai from Gameflux wink )

Oh right. I didn't notice that when I hovered over my username it actually showed today's date and 6:03 big_smile My bad

inzeos wrote:

One thing that may be useful to include is to export the file with a name like "MMDDYYYY-HHMM_USERNAME_GAMESYSTEM_inventory" as the file name convention.  Would make it easier to dump files periodically as personal backups etc.

Good call, will do.

The export is fantastic! Took less than 10 seconds. Quick and easy. Thank you very much!

Just one thing, the cards that show up as having $0.00 value here still show up as 0 in the export. This greatly misrepresents the actual total value of the collection. Is there any way to fix this?

Again, thank you for your hard work. Deckbox.org is amazing!

great feature -- great site.  thanks for all your work

apyrexia wrote:

The export is fantastic! Took less than 10 seconds. Quick and easy. Thank you very much!

Just one thing, the cards that show up as having $0.00 value here still show up as 0 in the export. This greatly misrepresents the actual total value of the collection. Is there any way to fix this?

I think fixing this bug is important.  Getting a more accurate value on the collection I know is important to me as I have a various collections including MTG insured under my home owners policy.  Having regular exports with correct values would make it invaluable when submitting an insurance claim god forbid I ever have to do that!

apyrexia wrote:

We're getting the prices from tcgplayer.com, and so we depend on how they output their pricing information (which we parse and store for display in various places). They've recently changed their API (for the better I think), I need to change the links, and the parser that fetches prices. I hope it is also going to fix the cards which have a 0 price.

Nice work sebi. That export feature was really needed. Thanks for taking the time!

1awesomeguy wrote:

Nice work sebi. That export feature was really needed. Thanks for taking the time!

Agreed! +1

Please make the export option export card language correctly?  also, why not make the pulldown list have the language in elgish so us dumb schmucks that dont know the difference can tell what is what.
Thanks
Jeff

Fejjgw wrote:

Please make the export option export card language correctly?  also, why not make the pulldown list have the language in elgish so us dumb schmucks that dont know the difference can tell what is what.
Thanks
Jeff

I'm not sure I understand what is not working for you? I see you have a bunch of cards marked as japanese in your inventory. Did you not mark them yourself as japanese?

About the dropdown, I just assumed that if you own cards in a language, you know how to spell the language's name smile. Is this an issue for other people as well? Owning cards in a different language that you do not speak? If so, I could change that.

Some are easy to tag if you don't read the language...  Others are harder.  Might be nice to follow them up with the english name for us not so linguistic folks.

An excellent feature, thanks! Worked just fine for me.

sebi wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what is not working for you? I see you have a bunch of cards marked as japanese in your inventory. Did you not mark them yourself as japanese?

About the dropdown, I just assumed that if you own cards in a language, you know how to spell the language's name smile. Is this an issue for other people as well? Owning cards in a different language that you do not speak? If so, I could change that.

When i look in the excel file it shows me odd characters for the language column for all my japanese cards.  also, i buy japanese boxes because the trade value can be much higher so its more worth for my money:D

Cheers
Jeff

inzeos wrote:

sebi, the export seems to be working great!

I just did an export and my current inventory tracked with decbox.org is;

16366 cards, 3914 distinct

Export took less than 10 seconds at 1:01 AM EST.

As always appreciate your continued efforts to improve the site.

Leif

OOoh please, get real that dateformat is SOOOOO wrong. YYYY-MM-DD is the best for sorting and it is a single, clear format that can't be mis understood. Don't you americans ever learn.

arrowUp wrote:

OOoh please, get real that dateformat is SOOOOO wrong. YYYY-MM-DD is the best for sorting and it is a single, clear format that can't be mis understood. Don't you americans ever learn.

You resurrected a 7 month old thread to bash an entire nation for their date formatting?  Classy move.

Great new feature! Can you also export individual decks from your decklist?

Thanks,
AFR

roseblood71 wrote:

Great new feature! Can you also export individual decks from your decklist?

Thanks,
AFR

THIS

apyrexia wrote:

the text box also shows up as Textless when opened with Excel can we fix that too.

Thank you for getting this set up  its awesome

i was wondering if you could make it so you can export it as a different file so it would be easier to export to other software like cockatrice

I was wondering if it's possible to export only a filtered selection?
My question relates to filtering inventory to show only cards in standard and then exporting them to a file.

When I do this, it will still export every card in the inventory, including the cards not currently in standard.