Topic: Need More Work

I was hoping to use this site for my WoWTCG collection, which I barely use, but obviously this site is severely lacking the tools and information to make this work and the community is almost dead enough not to care. The importing of cards to WoWTCG should work EXACTLY THE SAME as the MtGTCG section of the site, but this is not the case. We should be able to pick the different Sets (if reprint), rarity (if multiple prints), condition, and if it is a special like foil or loot. There should be a consistent price list to pull from which is dedicated to WoWTCG! Seriouely, these are the basics to the MtG section but are not even available to the other games offered on the site.

I have a database I have been working on. It doesn't have most of the cards beyond War of the Elements right now, but I am trying to make it as accurate as possible and I don't know where to upload it and have it work properly so people can use it. I am currently trying to figure out how to insert the subtypes and multiple classes as simply as possible.

If anyone is interested at all in making this site better for the WoWTCG collectors, please respond here.

Re: Need More Work

I don't want to speak for the deckbox people, but I assume they have a limited amount of time and resources to spend on improving the website.  I would also assume that the overwhelming majority of people that frequent the site are magic players/collectors.  It seems to me the logical thing to do would be to make updates and changes that affect this larger group of players first. 

I think you said it best yourself when you said.

the community is almost dead enough not to care.

I played the WoWtCG for the first 3-4 sets, went to regional tournaments. It's a decent enough game.  We got out of it when we were treated badly by LGS which abused the prize support from Upperdeck.  Let alone problems with upperdeck themselves at the time.  The community and support just isn't there.  SCG stopped listing prices for it. I'd wager part of the problem is that since the 3rd parties don't sell a lot of product for it they don't support the APIs that allow deckbox to interface with it and that leads to problems here.  Just a guess though.

I think it's an inevitably wow TCG players need to accept.

Last edited by elpablo (2013-06-14 16:55:52)

It is sad, but I can accept it. I just wish I didn't have to. I don't really see the point of this site even offering things other than Magic the Gathering support at this point.

Thank you for your candid feedback.

The truth is pretty much as you and elpablo have said. Sadly we can not allocate the same resources to wow as we do to Magic because our users are 95% magic and we're not even keeping up to date with what we're promising them. smile

I do mean to import the wow cards up to date this next week. Even importing is a lengthy process as there is no official website with all the cards, only a PDF which in order to parse we need to do a lot of manual copy pasting and correcting and adjusting.

We do try to get prices from Tcgplayer for wow cards but they themselves do not provide as many as for MtG since there are not enough stores to provide singles I suppose.

I use both the MTG and WoW sections on this site, and I just want to say I would like to see stuff kept up to date for WoW as well, but completely understand that it's not a huge priority.

I'm ok not having all the cooler features (edition, condition, etc) as long as we can at least keep the sets and prices semi current.

I agree with Bobidybob.  I can live without detailed search functions and foil/promo tags but having current sets and prices would be really nice.  WoW is pretty popular and active in my area and a lot of our players would use Deckbox if the sets were kept current.  As far as pricing goes I don't know what sort of software restrictions there are for gathering the prices and displaying them but TCGPlayer is woefully behind the curve for WoW.  www.themetamart.com is always current and would be a great resource for pricing if their software will jive with Deckbox.