Topic: Profile

Hi everyone. I am aware that we can put into our profile anything that is relevant to what we expect, how we trade, and feelings towards making trades. However, I am wondering if it is allowed to be able to able to put into your profile anything about your personal feelings about other DB users?

This to me seems out of line, but am not sure it is allowed. Can someone please advise about this topic?

Thank you.

Re: Profile

mrturk1001 wrote:

Hi everyone. I am aware that we can put into our profile anything that is relevant to what we expect, how we trade, and feelings towards making trades. However, I am wondering if it is allowed to be able to able to put into your profile anything about your personal feelings about other DB users?

This to me seems out of line, but am not sure it is allowed. Can someone please advise about this topic?

Thank you.

Like (mr. soandso is on my won't trade with list, terrible communication took a month to get cards)  Stuff like that? If it is factual I don't see why it is a problem? Sometimes trade issues get resolved but you still want it to be known that some people are not the best trade partners.

That being said, there are some babies on this site and I've seen some things that make me roll my eyes.

Last edited by jassi007 (2013-10-22 17:56:06)

posting up something like "terrible communications", "late sending", "misrepresentation of cards offered". I can see that about putting in for a forewarning. But I am talking about talking about someone because of "personal" issues between the 2 traders.

Someone who is a bad trader due to "reasons related to trades" is one thing. But personal attacks on traders due to what transgressed between the 2 traders (not ever 1 sided) is what I am referring to.

mrturk1001 wrote:

posting up something like "terrible communications", "late sending", "misrepresentation of cards offered". I can see that about putting in for a forewarning. But I am talking about talking about someone because of "personal" issues between the 2 traders.

Someone who is a bad trader due to "reasons related to trades" is one thing. But personal attacks on traders due to what transgressed between the 2 traders (not ever 1 sided) is what I am referring to.

oh, do you mean something like the first paragraph of this users profile?
http://deckbox.org/users/mbknight

Yeah, I must admit, I am not a big fan of it. It's been up since the first week I started trading here, so i'm not sure deckbox is willing to do anything about these sort of things. Seeing as you brought this thread up though I emailed support to see if anything can be done about it. I will post results so other's can get answers as well.

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-22 18:11:46)

I am still waiting on admin/mod interpretation of this. We all need to know about this because, right now, this is BS.

mrturk1001 wrote:

I am still waiting on admin/mod interpretation of this. We all need to know about this because, right now, this is BS.

I agree with what you are saying, personal slander things shouldn't be allowed,  have you messaged the mods directly? I'm sure they'd just remove it/have it removed if you message them directly.

none of the slander is about me, but it is about other traders. I think people should be given a heads up on bad trading practices of traders, BUT that still doesn't excuse them for personal attacks of people.

I have, and will continue, to be an asshole when someone tries to screw me over personally or while trading. There is no cause for me to be treated as a fool. I treat everyone as an equal until this happens.

But I also do NOT post on my profile something about a trader that can NOT be proven. Open-mindedness is what trading is about. It doesn't seem like that is happening on DB at the moment.

Thank you for your response Paul. I am still waiting on higher staff to give their input as well.

We will not allow this, pherhaps we shall update the rules to include a note on that.

Feedback should be used on trades only. In very bad cases the negative feedback granted should be visible enough. This will also be improved since we want to display neutral and negative feedback trades in separate sections on the trades page, so that they do not get burried on page 5.