Re: Policies on bans and suspensions from deckbox

Helios52 wrote:
sebi wrote:
Mike_Machine wrote:

I'm just shocked that morph66 trading BAN isn't permanent. 

I do have a question, will he be able to change his user name, or will his account be flagged as having been previously banned when he returns?

The ban is indeed permanent, and for all accounts he will make in the future that we will know about.

Is his name and info going to be added to bad traders list in case he does make another account?

Yeah I have a similar question. Is there some sort of system in place to check that he doesn't simply create another account and continue his actions on this site?

i.e. Is there a way for traders, new and old alike, to protect themselves from previously banned traders?

well played.

Mike_Machine wrote:

Worst of all, in the recent thread where he started fighting with Kei_Asaki (James), I must say that Kei_Asaki is probably one of the nicest, friendliest traders on deckbox. I have traded with him multiple times, and even one time where I asked him if he would be willing to make a consideration after we had a committed trade and he was accommodating and friendly.

Careful now, I plan to slow down/take a break when it hits December.  I don't want TOO many new offers during that month (postal rush during Christmas, resulting in horrid delays and a much higher chance than normal of mail going missing... does not make me happy. sad). tongue

I am honestly torn on the ban decision concerning the main problem user mentioned in this thread.  When I first encountered him, he was incredibly abrasive and, well... terribly unpleasant.  However, after his suspension, I ended up engaging him in a trade and chatting with him a bit. I have a feeling that he's been a bit misunderstood.  He is aggressive, and a bit short tempered, but overall I don't think he was a bad guy.  That's just been my experience, though.  As Sebi had said, there were many occasions that there were issues being raised with him.  It is unfortunate, as he seemed like a decent guy once I got to know him a bit, but I guess he didn't take suggestions and advice to heart and just kept on as he was. hmm

Overall, I do believe that it's a good move to increase the standards of behavior on this site.  Better trades, better communications, and repeat business always come from pleasant interactions. smile

I thought people from Canada were supposed to be friendly...

GalisDraeKon wrote:

I thought people from Canada were supposed to be friendly...

I know I am! I can't speak for most other Canadians, though. cool

Thanks for the rules clarification and the update.  Good riddance.  This guy brought nothing but a crap attitude to our community.  Just a heads up, morph66 has some pretty explicit words about Sebi on his profile currently.  Seems he is, yet again, showing his true colors.

So wait, what just happened? I just checked my email and it shows that he cancelled our trade even though I sent him my end of the deal and he told me he'll send it when he gets it.. But, there's no trade anymore on my deckbox?
Was he deleted/banned permanently?
He even changed his location, I don't know what's going on?

Thank you for banning that user.  Thank you so much.  Morph66 added petulant comments to nearly every threat and added little, if any, value to this community.  Thank you so much!

You should probably remove his phone number and email from you post.  And yeah, I had a similar experience.

Absolutely right, my bad, information removed.

I just copy pasted the whole thing and I actually didn't know he posted his number (email was on profile)

Just for the sake of keeping things clear, let's us all please refrain from all telling our own personal horror stories about the user(s) in question.  If you have a trade pending, please simply say so and notify Sebi/Catinca, as I would imagine they will be in touch regarding how those issues are to be handled. 

My assumption is that if you're waiting for him to send cards, you should still receive them as normal.  In the event you never receive them, there should be some sort of mail fraud (or equivalent) recourse to follow through with.  As such, just give it time and we'll get everything sorted out soon. 

Again, this is not to stymie the discussion of how the site should handle inappropriate users; rather, it's pretty clear the recently banned parties were for a reason and we needn't waste a ton of space rehashing everything that went awry.

Thanks all for your input. Closing this topic for now smile