Topic: Sorcery: Add 3 Mana to Mana pool

My wife and I have a debate regarding a sorcery card that grants 3 additional mana to the mana pool.  When I play the card, is this mana permanent for the game?  Or does it only last until the end of my turn?

Re: Sorcery: Add 3 Mana to Mana pool

It would only last for the duration of the main phase actually. Sorcery cards are 1 time use spells that once their effect happens, thats it for the turn. There are some examples of specific sorcery spells that continue for each turn (Enduring Ideal - Epic) tho.

Re: Sorcery: Add 3 Mana to Mana pool

BDRawhide747 wrote:

My wife and I have a debate regarding a sorcery card that grants 3 additional mana to the mana pool.  When I play the card, is this mana permanent for the game?  Or does it only last until the end of my turn?

Helios is spot on regarding the duration of sorceries.  To clarify just a bit further - barring some modification (see Omnath, Locus of Mana), your mana pool will empty at the end of every phase.  So to be specific, that means mana added to the pool during any of the phases must be used by the end of said phase or it will be lost when the pool empties.  For more on the specific phases, see https://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/ … /academy/4, but the simple rule of thumb with regard to mana is that you use it or lose it.