Topic: Release 2.2.1: Inventory sorting by count is back

Hello all, happy new year!

It took a long time but now it's back: you can again sort your Inventories / Tradelists / Wishlists by count:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rc0pdcekf1smu3b/Screenshot%202014-01-06%2014.51.01.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAFV2OqWNAVtmF6UJwEOvnszbiCoxtJLHM9Phfyp2HVxqQ

Last edited by sebi (2014-01-06 13:57:31)

Re: Release 2.2.1: Inventory sorting by count is back

Not sure if this is intentional behavior or not, but if you go to a deck, and click to sort it by count, it takes you to your inventory.

jassi007 wrote:

Not sure if this is intentional behavior or not, but if you go to a deck, and click to sort it by count, it takes you to your inventory.

Just came here to say this. Thanks for the feature, to me it was much needed.

Awesome! Thanks!

Any chance of bringing back the linking prices to the respective TCG pages?

For the win!!!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Just realized, this seems to only be working for my own inventory...I can't use the feature to look at someone else's list to see what they have extras of.

Not working for me. When i try to sort inventory by wishlist, it takes me to the wishlist. When I sort wishlist by # in inventory, it takes me to inventory. I assume this is not as intended?

rfioren wrote:

Not working for me. When i try to sort inventory by wishlist, it takes me to the wishlist. When I sort wishlist by # in inventory, it takes me to inventory. I assume this is not as intended?

It used to sort the set you were in before, and now it behaves as you describe. We figured 99% of the time you want to just sort the set you are in by count (so sort inventory by count in inventory etc).

I'm not sure if there is much value in sorting your inventory by wishlist count, so we just redirect to your wishlist and sort that.

Do you think it is confusing in the current implementation?

For me, I add a bunch of cards I need to my wish list, but often times I already have them and didn't know, so it's nice to be able to see if I already own cards in my wishlist, by sorting one by the other

Last edited by rfioren (2014-01-09 21:38:54)

sebi wrote:
rfioren wrote:

It used to sort the set you were in before, and now it behaves as you describe. We figured 99% of the time you want to just sort the set you are in by count (so sort inventory by count in inventory etc).

I'm not sure if there is much value in sorting your inventory by wishlist count, so we just redirect to your wishlist and sort that.

Do you think it is confusing in the current implementation?

I want to sort my inventory by tradelist count so I can see the things in my inventory that are not marked as for trade.  Instead when I click to sort by tradelist count I'm taken to my tradelist.  hmm

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-01-09 21:48:39)

Likewise, from a collecting perspective if I'm collecting for a set normally once I've accumulated the majority of the set and want to know what I still need the easiest thing to do was:
Got to the database > Advance filter to that set > Sort by Inventory Count and it would give me all of the cards in that set grouped together and I could easily add them to my wishlist/trade list.

Finding out what I'm missing now requires me to look through x pages for where inventory count is 0 for a card. Either sorting like it was or an additional advanced filter for edition owned in where I can do edition owned in [is none of] set I'm looking up.

Last edited by senatorerj (2014-01-10 22:53:26)

buughost wrote:

Any chance of bringing back the linking prices to the respective TCG pages?

This is a much missed feature sad

Thanks for adding sorting back in, it was sorely missed. smile

senatorerj wrote:

Likewise, from a collecting perspective if I'm collecting for a set normally once I've accumulated the majority of the set and want to know what I still need the easiest thing to do was:
Got to the database > Advance filter to that set > Sort by Inventory Count and it would give me all of the cards in that set grouped together and I could easily add them to my wishlist/trade list.

Finding out what I'm missing now requires me to look through x pages for where inventory count is 0 for a card. Either sorting like it was or an additional advanced filter for edition owned in where I can do edition owned in [is none of] set I'm looking up.

Yep, sorting by card count in the main card database, not just in your inventory would be a nice feature to have back. I used it quite often to see what cards I was missing from a set.

mesome wrote:

Yep, sorting by card count in the main card database, not just in your inventory would be a nice feature to have back. I used it quite often to see what cards I was missing from a set.

Same here. I also used to click into the Wishlist column to directly edit what I needed (after viewing the card database sorted by count).  I'd really love to see both aspects return,

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.