Re: Release 2.2: Foil prices. Happy Holidays from Deckbox!

Thanks, Sebi! What a pleasant surprise to check in during a trade to find foil prices.  Merry Christmas!

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Yea I saw that. I've been on my phone for the better part of the week so I haven't really read the other comments. Thanks for pointing it out smile

Excellent and great changes!  Thanks for making this so site so great. =]

I'm glad that it's showing the foils now but i'm pretty sure my prerelease foil emrakul is not $136 lol:lol:

sebi wrote:

* Better sorting of cards in the trade autocompleter. Cards starting with the keyword typed come first now (e.g. Lightning Bolt is before Ball Lightning when you type Lightning)

This might be completely unrelated but I noticed there is a page for http://deckbox.org/mtg/Pain as well as http://deckbox.org/mtg/Pain%20//%20Suffering. Looks like the former should be removed. Haven't noticed any others. Thank you sebi!

Are the price links to the corresponding tcg page going to be coming back?

atomicashes wrote:

Are the price links to the corresponding tcg page going to be coming back?

I asked the same thing.  No answer though.  I sure hope it comes back.  I loved that feature.

I was also wondering how the price is being averaged now.  For example, M14 mutavault mid on TCG is $31.50, where as here it's $28.87.  There are only 6 of them listed below $30 and 100+ listed above $30  Is it not updating every night anymore?  I been following the price for several days now and it's not change much here.  It should definitely be above $30 on the average.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2013-12-29 09:48:22)

If I'm correct the mid price is calculating the median value, not the mean value, resulting in fewer instances of extreme skew.  There's also the fact that the prices here are typically a few days behind as the API has to update and disseminate for the prices here to be updated.

TyWooOneTime wrote:

If I'm correct the mid price is calculating the median value, not the mean value, resulting in fewer instances of extreme skew.  There's also the fact that the prices here are typically a few days behind as the API has to update and disseminate for the prices here to be updated.

Hmm I think it was just messed up for a few days.  Mean or Median, neither looked correct.  Any word on if the link to tcg prices will be coming back?  I seriously miss that >_<

Haven't heard when they would be coming back, but meanwhile you might wanna try keeping MTGstocks.com handy in your bookmarks toolbar for the updated price during your trades, it has a graphic , foils pricing and all just like TCGplayer.

Since this feature was introduced, cards that only have a foil price listed now show as $0.00 on the other prices. Unfortunately, that means there's now no way to get a realistic overall price overview. Can you please change it back so if there's only one price and it happens to be a foil one, to just show it?

Jorn86 wrote:

Since this feature was introduced, cards that only have a foil price listed now show as $0.00 on the other prices. Unfortunately, that means there's now no way to get a realistic overall price overview. Can you please change it back so if there's only one price and it happens to be a foil one, to just show it?

Do you have an example where this is happening?

sebi wrote:
Jorn86 wrote:

Do you have an example where this is happening?

While looking up a few cards I found this is a little more complicated. If the card has multiple printings, the latest one of which is foil-only, the bug will occur.

To name a few:
Maelstrom Wanderer
Vela the Night-Clad
Dragonlair Spider
Command Tower

Yep, this happens because in that specific edition, the card was only printed as foil. So it cannot have non-foil pricing.

I understand that. The problem is, when I have such a card in my deck, it shows as $0 even if there is a non-foil printing for which the price could be shown. It should show the non-foil price for the edition that does have a non-foil price, not for the one that doesn't have it. Since I cannot pick which edition the cards in decks are, I cannot fix it manually.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining, will fix.

Do I need to mark my From the Vault cards as foils? How would this affect my inventory?

Edit: When I sort my list by price in ascending order I see these sets are at $0:

FTV20 - Jace, Mind Sculptor, Kessig Wold Run,  Fact or Fiction, Fyndhorn Elves, Dark Ritual, Gilded Lotus, Green Sun's Zenith, Impulse, Hymn to Tourch, Ink-eyes Servant of Oni, Char, Cruel Ultimatum, Chainer's Edict, Chameleon Colossus, Akroma's Vengeance, Swords to Plowshars, Tangle Wire, Thran Dynamo, Venser Shaper Savant,  Wall of Blossoms
Duel Deck Jace vs. Chandra - Jace Beleren
Graveborn - Sphinx of the Steel Wind, Terastodon, Animate Dead, Blazing Archon, Crosis the Purger, Crystal Vein, Dread Return, Inkwell the Leviathan
FTVRealms - Grove of the Burnwillows
Lim-Dul's High Guard
Primalcrux
DD Heroes vs. Monsters - New Benalia, Llanowar Reborn
Unglued - token cards, Ultimate Nightmare
Unhinged - Our Market Research..., Super Secret Tech
Commander's Arsenal - The Mimeoplasm, Maelstrom Wanderer
DD Sorin vs. Tibalt - Mountain, Plains
Seance

Last edited by leitmotiv (2014-03-07 20:03:25)