Topic: Old trades and current value.

Looking back at some of my old trades, noticing how much card values have changed over the years.
good example of this. I almost let a sensei's divine top go for set of Elite Inquisitor, Champion of the Parish. Then the trade would of been in my favor, but seeing how much prices have changed. I'm lucky the trade fell though Lol.

Anybody too have a story to share?

Last edited by Monolith (2014-04-16 02:57:56)

Re: Old trades and current value.

Traded 2 tarns + a catacombs in July 2012 for a Japanese Lu Xun, Engineered Explosives, Caged Sun, Hanna, and Oath of Druids.

By current deckbox prices, that's a loss of almost $200, but it was even at the time.  Go modern I guess...

Traded 2 Arid Mesa, 4 Griselbrand, and a bunch of smaller things adding up to about $80 value to my LGS for a foil MMA Sword of Fire and Ice. That's about a $170 loss. Hindsight =/

On the other side, looking back at my ebay purchase history for the last couple years is pretty funny (what I paid total, not each):

6 Scapeshift for $18
4 Mox Opal for $60
7 Regal Force for $22
4 Scion of Oona for $6
2 Volrath's Stronghold for $17
2 Sliver Queen for $40
3 Stifle for $39
3 Primeval Titan for $13
3 Rofellos for $30
Cabal Therapy for $3
4 Lightning Greaves for $5
4 Leyline of Sanctity for $28
4 Scalding Tarn for $145
Liliana of the Veil for $35
Idyllic Tutor for $5

Hoo boy, I've had some doozies in the past, going both ways. I gave up a Grove of the Burnwillows once for a handful of uncommons. I traded Dark Confidant and Blood Moon for a Birds of Paradise. Traded a foil UNH Swamp for Loxodon Hierarch. I gave up Dark Depths one time for a Jester's Scepter. I traded a couple Damnations and multiple playsets of Cryptic Command for...some Standard junk probably, I don't even remember...when they rotated out of standard.

On the other hand, one of those Cryptics I had got for only 4x Char, and some of the others and both the Damns were MPR promos that I got for free. I got 3x Horizon Canopy for one Gaddock Teeg and a couple Wall of Roots promos, and the fourth one for a Taurean Mauler. I picked up a playset of Noble Hierarchs for a casual deck when they were like $5-10, and I traded my way into full sets of all five ZEN fetchlands when they were in Standard, at under $20 each.