Topic: Open trade with matches already input

Again, perhaps someone already suggested this but why not open trades with the cards that matched already in the offer? This would make creating the trade much quicker (even if you plan to remove some cards)

Re: Open trade with matches already input

Good point, we'll try creating a UI for this.

It wouldn't necessarily need a UI ... just when you click to start a trade, just auto-fill the boxes with the cards from the page that shows your matches. THen you would just use the existing UI to remove any you didn't want.

I suppose it would be neat to have a button that would add them all but I think pre-filling them would make trading easier.

I absolutely agree with the need for this feature. The logic is already there - Deckbox already knows how our trades match up, why leave that logic on the previous screen?

This needs at least a little bit of manual interaction in populating the lists.  Do you put in non-foils when you're looking for a foil, or a Beta version when you're just looking for any version of the card?  Do you automatically list 80 cards when you just want a specific card in the trade?  There is more work to implement this well than may be apparent.

psrex wrote:

This needs at least a little bit of manual interaction in populating the lists.  Do you put in non-foils when you're looking for a foil, or a Beta version when you're just looking for any version of the card?  Do you automatically list 80 cards when you just want a specific card in the trade?  There is more work to implement this well than may be apparent.

I still think it could just take the closest match just like the trade matcher does. If it is the wrong version you can edit it. I would rather have 10 cards match automatically and have to edit one or two than have to manually input 10+ cards.

Certainly a nice UI would be sweet ... but in the interim simply dumping all the matches would be a nice help to putting together trades.

I agree that this COULD be very nice and that in many situations it would be, but there is also potential for huge backfire. I've traded with plenty of people that had thousands of cards on their wistlist and tradelist. If this auto-fill feature had been implemented I would have to manually remove hundreds of cards on numerous different occasions. Again, I think it could be a good feature to have, but automatically adding ALL cards that match seems like a really bad way to implement it.

Kammikaze wrote:

I agree that this COULD be very nice and that in many situations it would be, but there is also potential for huge backfire. I've traded with plenty of people that had thousands of cards on their wistlist and tradelist. If this auto-fill feature had been implemented I would have to manually remove hundreds of cards on numerous different occasions. Again, I think it could be a good feature to have, but automatically adding ALL cards that match seems like a really bad way to implement it.

Maybe just a single button once you initiate a trade that would dump it all if you wanted it to then?

At this point I'm just brainstorming a really simple way to add this feature in lieu of some complex UI that would take time and effort to put together (when I'm sure the team has higher priorities at this point)

ReDCl0uD wrote:
Kammikaze wrote:

Maybe just a single button once you initiate a trade that would dump it all if you wanted it to then?

At this point I'm just brainstorming a really simple way to add this feature in lieu of some complex UI that would take time and effort to put together (when I'm sure the team has higher priorities at this point)

A button to auto-fill all matches would probably work.

Check boxes on the user's profile would work.  When viewing a person's profile before initiating a trade allow a user to check some cards (or enter a quantity) then hit a button that says suggest/open a trade.  This would allow you to select a few cards from the list quickly and easily and the system could enter those into the newly opened trade.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-04-25 13:48:25)