Re: Price issues

I've noticed a few issues, mainly that prices aren't getting updated regularly.

Sneak Attack hasn't had its price updated, probably because nobody is selling it and Amazon doesn't have any in stock, but that leaves the "value" sorely out of date at half of its current value.

And, even when there are sellers and amazon has them in stock, the prices still aren't getting updated.  For instance, see Ichorid.

I had noticed a few others before this, but failed to make note of them.

Yep, as I responded to rfioren, the adding of the new promos has messed with our updating schedule & scripts.

I'm restarting it tomorrow and I'm going to closely investigate all recently reported misprices from this thread.

Hua Tuo, Honored Physician -  Commander Edition is listed as $50 when it's only about 50 cents

Path to Exile (wpn) listed as 0.00€
Price of Progress (Fire & Lightning) listed as 0.00€

There's an issue with the prices on cards with multiple editions.

I have a trade going for a duel-decks "Future Sight". The price for the duel decks one is correctly listed as $1.20 in the card database, but when I add it to a trade, it shows up as $3.58 (the price of the onslaught version). The version is specified as duel-decks, so the price should be $1.20. I've noticed this with other cards as well, including "Body Double".

Rench222 wrote:

Hua Tuo, Honored Physician -  Commander Edition is listed as $50 when it's only about 50 cents

This is actually correct for the Portal Three kingdoms version.

Mnemonic wrote:

Scalding Tarn: $91.87, TCG: $88.00                  ~$4
Arid Mesa: $48.74, TCG: $54.04 mid                 ~$5
Domri Rade: $27.33, TCG: $30.48                     ~$3
Stormbreath Dragon: $17.65, TCG: $19.79       ~$2
Spellskite: $16.00, TCG: $18.14                        ~$2
Sacred Foundry: $11.99, TCG: $13.99               ~$2
Abrupt Decay: $10.33, TCG: $9.31                    ~$1
Courser of Kruphix: $7.35, TCG: $8.55              ~$1

Although these price differences arent enormous, they do make a difference on the whole.
I am sure it's a factoring of actual value & sale value, as a lot of people try to sell lower to make quick profits...

On the over all, my collection is now about $200 +/-$100 less than what it was before the loss of TCG prices... however it's hard to say considering I had 20+ trades in process during the collapse.
Very close if not better to what it once was, excellent job to the Deckbox team and all of those who assisted them.

These differences will always remain. We do not use or will ever use tcgplayer prices again.

rfioren wrote:

There's an issue with the prices on cards with multiple editions.

I have a trade going for a duel-decks "Future Sight". The price for the duel decks one is correctly listed as $1.20 in the card database, but when I add it to a trade, it shows up as $3.58 (the price of the onslaught version). The version is specified as duel-decks, so the price should be $1.20. I've noticed this with other cards as well, including "Body Double".

Looking at this issue now.

Fixed all reported issues.

Foil Ponder is very high still though, that prices is correct on amazon, and tcgplayer also has very high prices for it, so it looks legit.

There are multiple cards that are only available as foil, and prices are off, because we do not yet have them marked as such in the database. Will be looking at these next.

sebi wrote:
Rench222 wrote:

This is actually correct for the Portal Three kingdoms version.

$50 is correct for the PTK version but it shows $50 for the Commander edition, which is incorrect.

True, caching issue. Checking now.

Fixed @ Hua Tuo.

rfioren, your issue as well, it was the same problem.

Collector's edition cards are off- black lotus is @$18 where most i have seen is around $250-300. It may be off with the rest of the set too, just have not checked yet.

Some of the new promos which are only foil have prices in normal but not foil.  The prices are right, but if you mark them as foil in your inventory they go to $0.00.

Examples
Path to Exile (WPN/Gateway)
Hypnotic Specter (magic player rewards)

This means that if anyone wants to use the is foil filter, they will not come up (or they will still not show a value).

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-04-20 19:02:18)

PhyrexianLibrarian wrote:
AngryJayJay wrote:

Ponder foils 30$ and 45$ has to be wrong smile

http://store.tcgplayer.com/magic/magic- … 12)/ponder

This one might actually be correct.

i noticed sad i traded my m12 for 6.25 $ before they fixed the price sad

Tromokratis promo 0.00$     ...

Do you guys know of a reliable, comprehensive source of information where we could see which cards have both a foil & normal printing in a certain edition. (or just foil, or just normal)?

My question is about the promo sets mostly. Out of the other ones, I think only the From The Vault, Premium Deck Series and Commander's Arsenal are foil-only. Right?

Venser, the Sojourner from Duel Decks Venser vs. Koth having different pricing information for foil and non-foil (when it only comes in foil).

Venser, the Sojourner (non-foil): $7.36
Venser, the Sojourner (foil):        $4.73

mattmcc wrote:

Collector's edition cards are off- black lotus is @$18 where most i have seen is around $250-300. It may be off with the rest of the set too, just have not checked yet.

Fixed Black Lotus pricing.

sebi wrote:

My question is about the promo sets mostly. Out of the other ones, I think only the From The Vault, Premium Deck Series and Commander's Arsenal are foil-only. Right?

I think all of the promo sets you just added as well as all of the dual decks and ftvs have the property that for each card there is only a foil or non-foil version...sometimes it may be different for different cards, like deckmasters and dual decks have a couple of cards foil and most non-foil, but all of the cards in those sets have one version.  Similarly for game day cards, some are foil some are non foil, but there is only 1 version for each card name.

Another way to look at it is that the only sets that have both non-foil and foil versions of a given card are core and expert set releases post 7th edition as well as modern masters

Last edited by bactgudz (2014-04-22 17:29:36)

bactgudz wrote:
sebi wrote:

I think all of the promo sets you just added as well as all of the dual decks and ftvs have the property that for each card there is only a foil or non-foil version...sometimes it may be different for different cards, like deckmasters and dual decks have a couple of cards foil and most non-foil, but all of the cards in those sets have one version.  Similarly for game day cards, some are foil some are non foil, but there is only 1 version for each card name.

Another way to look at it is that the only sets that have both non-foil and foil versions of a given card are core and expert set releases post 7th edition as well as modern masters

Sebi knows that some cards were printed only in foil and some were printed only non-foil. He was asking if anyone knew of an online database somewhere that he could just pull that information from to make it a bit faster, rather than setting the properties of each printing individually.

Kammikaze wrote:
bactgudz wrote:
sebi wrote:

Sebi knows that some cards were printed only in foil and some were printed only non-foil. He was asking if anyone knew of an online database somewhere that he could just pull that information from to make it a bit faster, rather than setting the properties of each printing individually.

I thought he was asking so he cold make the pricing info consistent and correct.  If so, then my answer should be sufficient...segregate the price data you have for foil and non-foil for expert and core sets post 7th+modern masters; and aggregate the data for all other editions, showing that price whether or not the foil tag is selected.

The key is, there is only ONE price for all those other editions, it doesn't matter that it's foil or non foil, that price should be used regardless of what the user tags it as since it is the only one that exists.

Last edited by bactgudz (2014-04-22 18:01:25)

Nothing you said was incorrect. Aggregating non-foil and foil for printings that only have one of those is a perfectly viable solution and it's very possible that's what sebi will end up doing. It sounded to me like he was looking for quick and easy way to remove the nonexistent printing leaving only the correct one.

Not 100% as easy as that. We have cards that have a market price for both a foil and a non foil price although they have only a foil printing (see the reported Venser from the duel decks).

This might happen because of our import sources (a while back tcgplayer, now amazon), or our own sellers who set a price on a card marked as foil, although that edition did not have a foil printing.

But the info you gave is still valuable! Just can't apply it that easily smile