Topic: PITA: Adding cards to inventory changes tradelist counts

I know I reported this originally in early 2013, but want to re-post it again now to make sure it doesn't fall off the radar.

When I add new cards to my inventory (using Import>Cards), the system reduces my tradelist count by one if I add a card after my inventory total is at or above six (6) with at least two items in my tradelist. Through five, everything works perfectly.  So, if I already have 6 Deathbellow Raider (with 2 on my tradelist), and then I add another one, the system adds a new line for the new card, but peels one off my tradelist count on the second line (putting it to 6 and 1) and sets the new line to 1 and 1. The system assumes I'm automatically going to trade the one I'm adding, which may or may not be the case.

If I've already specified that I'm trading two of the six cards I already had, why not just insert the new item line with a default quantity of one (with nothing in the tradelist field), and leave it to each of us to decide whether or not the card we are adding is for trade? Even if you want to have the system add the new line as a 1 (inventory) and 1 (tradelist), why is it taking away from my existing trade numbers?

I just added another 60 or so cards last night, and, for the vast majority of them, I had to modify the tradelist quantity on the line that showed the cards I already have, because the system reduced that number by one.  It gets really annoying, especially when entering hundreds of new cards (as I will be doing this weekend).

Examples (assumes adding one card and making no edits to quantities):
-------------

Count before import (inventory/tradelist): 4/0
Count after adding one card: 5/0 - OK (I can specify the new card for trade, if desired)

Count before import (inventory/tradelist): 5/1
Count after adding one card: 6/1 - OK (this is what I expect, I can specify the new card for trade, if desired)

Count before import (inventory/tradelist): 6/2
Count after adding one card: 7/2 - NOT OK. The system defaults to bringing in the new card line as 1/1. While the end quantity is mathematically correct, the system reduces the count of those cards I had already listed for trade by one. It assumes I want to trade the new card, and that I no longer want to trade one of the others.  It creates unnecessary manual inputs.

If I'm entering more than one of a new card, here's what I have to do:

Count before import (inventory/tradelist): 6/2

1) I enter the name of a card and hit Tab or Enter card: the system creates a new line with 1/1 and sets the second line to 6/1.

2) I change the count on the first line. I'm entering two cards, and plan to trade both. I enter 2 (inventory), then tab over and enter 2 (tradelist).

3) I tab twice more to get to the tradelist count on the next line, and modify the tradelist count to 2. This assumes I only have those two lines (all a single edition).

[If I have multiple editions, I have to correct the tradelist count for whatever edition was used to enter the card, in addition to setting the proper edition for the card that was added.]

4) I hit <Enter> or click Apply.

If I don't do Step 3, my count comes out as 8/3 when it should be 8/4.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: PITA: Adding cards to inventory changes tradelist counts

Yep, sorry for overlooking this. Will fix for next release (possibly sunday).

Thanks, Sebi. Looking forward to it.

:-)

Any update on when this will be resolved? There's another thread now suggesting that this is happening below the sixth-card threshold.

Next release is going to be inventory system improvements, with also will slightly change and improve the add widget, this will be solved then.

Are you runnig into this issue a lot?

Every time I add cards. I added 6-8 packs last evening. It affected 90+% of the cards I entered.

EDIT: added two sentences

This issue is now fixed.

sebi wrote:

This issue is now fixed.

Thanks, Sebi! Adding cards today was so much easier!