This is a complete EDH deck.
Approximate deck value: $670.80.
Looking for feedback or help with this deck? Join the discussion in our deckbuilding forum section.
This deck is a very explosive, token-swarming, type of aggro deck that R/G is famous for. And Ulasht is a perfect EDH general for the task!
If uncontested, it can go viral in a very short period of time. All that's needed is some mana, supplied by one of the big-mana outlets (Primeval, Magus, the Echoes, an Altar, and preferably Gaea's Cradle); some tokens (just a few, via lots of ways); a token buffer (like Craterhoof, Marton, Kamahl, or Coat of Arms); and you've got big damage going somewhere. Throw in a token-doubler (Doubling Season/Parallel Lives) to have things really explode!
In testing, my best was like 8600+ damage on turn 9. There are multiple infinite combos too. I calculated a theoretical once, where, with 2 more cards out, I'd a been able to do 649,000+ damage! The spark that ignites the explosion, is usually a large card draw; like Genesis Wave, Regal Force, or a Fecundity sac-engine.
With Ulasht in play there are many different interactions avaiable:
- With Kamahl, combine to make a vicious LD combo. (You'll be hated for it)
- With Doubling Season/Parallel Lives, go for max tokens. (and obscene damage)
- With Vigor out, ping your creatures for the counter boost. Also think Furystoke for this too. (nice deck tech)
- With Lambholt out, generate lots of tokens. (AND evasion)
- With Echoes and/or Ashnod's, go infinite. (gotta like it)
- Use the Deathmantle or Curio to recycle and grow a bigger Ulasht, or just return any of the ETB token generators back into play. (very versatile)
If the Warstorm comes out, make tokens, then cast Ulasht for more tokens. Thromok will 1-hit kill a player instantly on the cast, with Deathmantle out, sac him to do it multiple times in a turn!
Use your removal to keep opponents at bay. A tactical strike with an opportune Furystoke, and lots of tapable tokens, may be just enough to finish off an opponent, or two.
With big mana, the Cradle, and the Temple, you could also power out a game-ending Comet Storm. (selective board wipe too)
The possibilities are endless.
Log in to comment