This is a complete EDH deck.
Approximate deck value: $283.24.
Looking for feedback or help with this deck? Join the discussion in our deckbuilding forum section.
My primary EDH deck, has gotten a fair amount of play. Pretty happy with how it is, but I wanted to throw it up here for posterity, to see if anyone else had some ideas for improvement, or in case someone wanted a reference for a rebel deck.
The idea is a rebel deck with some play-from-graveyard effects and numerous ways to persist through reset spells. The goal is to never have nothing on the board, so I can continue digging up rebels. Win conditions are usually enchantments like True Conviction with a small army of rebels, 21 damage with the ever-classy Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter, or the good ol' Mirror Entity.
Its major weakness right now is that it often runs out of steam after the midgame. It doesn't ramp mana enough to summon hordes of rebels at once, and if Vish Kal gets KO'd, I'm often left sitting there. I'm not sure this is a HUGE issue, because I end up just waiting through a lot of games and occasionally annoying anyone aiming at me with Children of Korlis. Any suggestions on how to improve its end game would be appreciated.
- Defiant Falcon is one of, if the THE, most badass card in the game. Bird rebel? Hells yes.
- Might add an Everflowing Chalice. Would give me the opportunity to ramp to a bunch of rebel summoning.
- Has anyone ever tried Purgatory or Endless Horizons? I like their effects and would likely fit, but seem fragile enough that I'd often end up exiling my own cards.
- I know the general doesn't really fit, but it's the best of the BWs, and is a nice reliable finisher.
- Considered running Crescendo of War for hilarity and more use of rebel hordes. Would add to Vish Kal's ability, too. Anyone have any experience with this card?
- I actually had a Patriarch's Bidding in there for a while, but I found I never had more than 2-3 rebels in my graveyard at a time, thanks to the plethora of other resurrection effects.
- I'd like to add Reito Lantern. I've actually had one in my cards-to-consider pile for a while, but I failed to RTFC and never realized it was also GY hate. Not sure what to remove.
Log in to comment