Topic: Release 2.1: Trading Opportunities, important cards in wishlists, etc

Hello everyone,

After much delay, we are ready to bring out our 2.1 release. The biggest improvement is the new Trading Opportunities section.

Magic the Gathering players can find a link to it in their side menu. It offers various filters for users, and taking your wishlist and tradelist into consideration, it finds people you can trade with. We try to sort this list of users by the value of the possible trade you can do.

This is an sometimes an approximation, not a perfect calculation, but we hope we have managed to show you the most relevant opportunities on top.

You can also add to the filters specific cards you are looking for (or looking to trade away).

Important cards you want

We think many users would like to have a way to find out when someone adds a card they want to their tradelist.

For this purpose we have added a way to mark some of your cards as important. Afterwards, we will display an activity feed on your profile showing the users who most recently added one of those cards to their tradelist. Of course we also check if he will send the card to your country smile

Other fixes and improvements

- added new 'my continent' trading option
- fix various issues with applying trades. Cards were not properly removed after you sent them, because our matcher was too strict with card details.
- you can now only change your login name in the first 2 weeks after signing up. This is to prevent people to switch logins after having BTRs, etc.
- added an option to enable strict matching when looking at the card intersection on another user's profile. (this setting is 'sticky' and saved per user)
- added export to csv option to decks
- when clicking on the "plus" icon in the details panel for inventories, the new card inserted automatically gets set with your default edition / condition / language
- changed condition icons slightly to be color-coded red -> green, for better readability
- fixed various issues occurring when sorting sets by edition
- we've added many missing cities in Poland, and set up a system that makes it easier and way faster for us to make changes to our location database
- deck count is properly displayed now in the card database (after you select it from the columns dropdown)
- various fixes for facebook login / signup
- sorting cards by colour now has 'name' as the second sort criteria, instead of mana cost
- fix 'too white' colour in deck statistics mana graph, should be more visible now
- added mention in trading rules with regards to customs and fees
- small csv export fixes
- fix some deck names being displayed wrong (character escaping)
- fix card links in spoiler view when they contain apostrophes

Upcoming changes

Among the most requested features are support for foil prices and for us to add the promo sets to our database. This will be our next release, we will get it out very soon!

Re: Release 2.1: Trading Opportunities, important cards in wishlists, etc

You guys are fantastic thank you for all the hard work and effort! You have made my deckbox experience perfect! thank you so much!!!

I WANT YOUR MIRRODIN, DARKSTEEL AND FIFTH DAWN RARES THAT ARE ON MY WISHLIST!!!!

Awesome! This is exactly what this site needed. Thanks so much for your hard work! Now it's time to go check those trading opportunities!

looks great! some minor issues to take into consideration for the next release, perhaps:

- after editing details and hitting 'apply', the 'added at' column always disappears in inventory / tradelist / wishlist.
- when in 'friends', clicking a friend's feedback score takes you to your own trades rather than his / hers.

keep up the good work, the trading opportunities thing seems to work really well.

Thanks for all the updates! Love the site, it's everything I could ask for in a collection management and trading site.  I'm really liking the detail in the new "Trading Opportunities" page, but I found the one thing I immediately wanted was the ability to filter the cards I am looking for by cards in both my wishlist and one of my decks.  This would make it very simple to enter a larger number of specific cards into what you are looking for, without the hassle of adding them 1 by 1.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

This is fantastic!! The days of manually checking if people who want a card on my tradelist have logged in the last few days are over! Great work!

Great to hear, love the improvements!

Sadly the trading oppotuinities kicks me out after hitting the search button.
Says im not logged in and i dont have access to that page.
I use FB login.

Awesome, even better than expected. Thanks!

Hi, great job you did. This is more than I expected - keep up the good work, thanks!!!

Last edited by Zool73 (2013-10-20 15:13:49)

Thanks for the update!

A way to automatically add cards you are missing from a deck to your wishlist would be nice (if there isn't a way now that is). It could be in the Card Actions drop down.

SiliticX wrote:

I use FB login.

We apparently had some issues with a couple of actions logging some people out. Can you try again now please, it should be fixed.

Great work! Looking forward to using the new features.

I am LOVING the "strict match" feature on people's profiles!

As always, deckbox rules! I am so excited about the new features.  Thanks!

Thanks a lot for all the hard work and great new features!

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for this update!

As always, you guys rock!

Great update! Thank you so much!

This is a great update!  Thank you.  smile

Great job, sebi.

There are 2 Gdansks in Poland (pomorskie), though. "Gdansk" and "Gdañsk". Remove "Gdañsk", since no other citiy contains diacritical marks.

Not sure if this has to do with the update, but my feedback now shows up as 98% positive even though I have never received anything but positive feedback on any of my completed trades.  Is anyone else having this problem or know how it might be fixed?

I am having a problem with the Trading Opportunities section. When I click on the 'next' button, the list goes blank and the 'loading' icon continues to spin, but the next page fails to load. I can't go past the first page on the list of names.
Also, I have 71 pages of 'opportunities' for trades. I rarely have time to browse through very many in one sitting. However, when I come back to Deckbox, I have to click the 'next' button multiple times to return to my previous spot in the list. Is there any way to add a 'jump to XX page' button? This would be tremendously helpful.
It would also be helpful to have a way to delete traders from your list when it is obvious that they have nothing you need. I constantly see the same names at the top of my list and must weed through them each time when I know they don't have anything I need.
Thanks for listening and for all you do to provide this excellent card management & trade site!!

sebi wrote:
SiliticX wrote:

I use FB login.

We apparently had some issues with a couple of actions logging some people out. Can you try again now please, it should be fixed.

Seems fixed. Thanks!

Holy crap. I just saw the Trading Opportunities page. SO AWESOME. Thank you.

Why can't I donate to the site?