Topic: Inventory Privacy [Feature Request]

It would be nice to have some privacy settings for one's inventory. It may be that I only want to publish my Wish and Trade lists publicly.

A password would do the trick (like there is for individual decks).

The awesome would be to have settings for Inventory / Tradelist / Wishlist al'a;

Inventory Visible To : Just Me || My Friends || Everyone

Thanks, and keep up the good work!!
-wkvd

Re: Inventory Privacy [Feature Request]

+1

I agree with this.  More often than not, people will scroll through my inventory and then propose a trade for a card I don't want to trade away.  Then, the only thing preventing me from making a trade that I am not interested in is a little red circle to the right of the card name.  So far, it's been enough but I fear that one day I will make a mistake.  I would certainly rather be able to hide my inventory to prevent the unwanted trades in the first place.

You know, I see it both ways. I completely understand the keeping of the privacy of your cards, especially concerning trading and it's bad when a few less sophisticated traders want to put pressure on you for wanting things you aren't willing to give.

On the other hand, and this goes for me, I think it's a good way to see what others have in their inventory for ideas, beyond just decks that have been built. I've noticed there's not a lot like me out there who want to inventory everything. Some seem to have themes or a collection that would be nice to view for inspiration. Giving a key, it's much easier to lock up then to show off.

If it's just concerning the bad trade option, have it lock up to not allow the card to be put on the table until the owner puts it in as tradeable?

That would be a fine alternative for me, Hellnikko.  It's really the sneaky trades I am worried about and not people seeing my inventory overall.

I wish this request would be seriously considered.

As we all know, collecting MTG cards can be a major investment. If someone knows my username, they are able to see everything we have stored at home. We are not home all the time and worry about security. There are certain people who i do not wish to see my entire collection.

I think privacy options should be available to us.

Yep, it's an interesting ideea, we shall consider it.

The problem is that making a tradelist or wishlist not public kind of goes against the purpose of the trading platform smile. We would need to exclude a person with a private tradelist from the listings on the card page, from possible trading opportunities, and also we cannot show the 'trading intersection' when other users visit your profile.

sebi wrote:

Yep, it's an interesting ideea, we shall consider it.

The problem is that making a tradelist or wishlist not public kind of goes against the purpose of the trading platform smile. We would need to exclude a person with a private tradelist from the listings on the card page, from possible trading opportunities, and also we cannot show the 'trading intersection' when other users visit your profile.

The trade list and wish list are different from the inventory though. A lot of us list all the cards in our inventory on this site because it helps us manage cards for decks, and trade, see what we need and where. The trade and wish list being public is one thing, but I think everyone here is not talking about that but about the Inventory, which includes the trade list sure, but is a lot more than just the trade list.

-ZATZAi

ZATZAi wrote:

The trade list and wish list are different from the inventory though. A lot of us list all the cards in our inventory on this site because it helps us manage cards for decks, and trade, see what we need and where. The trade and wish list being public is one thing, but I think everyone here is not talking about that but about the Inventory, which includes the trade list sure, but is a lot more than just the trade list.

That makes sense. Ok, i've taken note.

+3 votes for this, from myself and two friends who would use the site but don't want their collection visible to the whole world.

+ 1,000,000

+1

Any news on this?

apyrexia wrote:

I wish this request would be seriously considered.

As we all know, collecting MTG cards can be a major investment. If someone knows my username, they are able to see everything we have stored at home. We are not home all the time and worry about security. There are certain people who i do not wish to see my entire collection.

I think privacy options should be available to us.

Agreed here.  Especially considering that we're giving addresses out, and potentially saying "I'll be gone for the next XX days so don't freak out if I don't immediately mark it received"

I would definitely like to see this feature implemented, as the only things I should share are the ones I want people to know, the wish and trade lists. I mean what is the point if we can't hide the main inventory? Why even have the inventory when the tradelist will do the same thing?

I often get offers for cards in my inventory when I only want to trade those in my tradelist. I state in my description that cards in my inventory are not for trade but it doesn't seem to be very effective. It's an unnecessary inconvenience for those of us who do not wish to trade out of our inventory. For those who DO, the option is already available for them to easily add all their cards to their tradelist. Having our inventory visible to everyone seems redundant.

Any idea if a private inventory can happen?

People are being scoped out and targeted for theft based on their collections:

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/26 … anged.html

I, too, would like to see this go through. I have cards I specifically do not want to trade and some of them I have not even added them to my inventory because I don't want there to be temptation for possible theft targeting or the constant requests for trades of cards I don't have in my trade list.

It doesn't need to be an automatic thing, it could be a choice. I like the separation of my trade, wish, and inventory lists, but we cannot assume everyone can read/understand such a simple concept.

This request is being added to the sticky feature request list.

[EDIT: added the word "request"]

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Woo hoo!

Any word on this feature's progress? Even an incremental update for making only the inventory private would be pretty huge.

I just wanted to +1 this as well.

I'm fairly new to using Deckbox, was using a different service up until recently.   I'm just now working on getting my collection up online with Theros and working backwards. 

I care more about the Collection Organization and Deck Building aspects of your site, and care very little for the trading aspects.

In fact, I would not like to associate my location at all.  That just makes me a target for theft.

Please give us the ability to make our collections private.  Otherwise this service will become rather useless for me pretty quickly as I decide to not put up any cards that are actually worth anything.

Thanks!

I am a +1 on this too.

I hate it when people ask for things in my inventory. If it's in my inventory it's because this site forces you to have it in your inventory when you add it to the trade list. So that means sometimes when its been traded away and for what ever reason it is still in the inventory list people will ask me for things I no longer have. It's frustrating for both me and them to have to tell them "sorry but 3 of the 5 cards you want to trade me for I don't have any more".

I think this could be as simple as password-protecting the inventory, at least until the whole feature is implemented.
Disabled by default, when enabled other users are able to see the inventory only when they provide a password.

+1

This is a pretty serious required option. I was surprised to learn that inventories were public, there is very very little reason for them to be and huge reasons for them not to be.