Topic: Release 2.2: Foil prices. Happy Holidays from Deckbox!

Happy holidays!

Hi everyone. We hope you're having a great holiday season, and that santa brings you all the goodies you wished for smile

Foil prices

Finally here, a much requested feature: prices for foil cards. We are fetching them from tcgplayer, and they represent the average foil price for a certain card. They are specific to editions. (For example a M14 foil Mountain is very different from  a Zendikar foil mountain).

Card pages, like Teneb, The Harvester now show the foil price on the top row. Your inventory will also show the foil price for cards you have marked as foil. This will be used in your trades, set value calculation, and displayed on the set intersection section shown when you visit other profiles.

Not all cards have foil prices on tcgplayer though. We'll try to find a better solution in these cases in the future.

Other fixes & enhancements

* Using the + button in the card details dialog now sets your default edition / condition / language
* Add prices for cards like Lim Dul Necromancer, and a couple of Duel Decks that were badly fetched
* Better sorting of cards in the trade autocompleter. Cards starting with the keyword typed come first now (e.g. Lightning Bolt is before Ball Lightning when you type Lightning)
* Links to card images point to correct image of card in the edition you specified when exporting inventories
* Fix an issue that was sometimes causing people's trade pages to not be displayed
* Remove special character from Chaotic Aether. It was causing issues when importing.

Last edited by sebi (2013-12-25 10:31:01)

Re: Release 2.2: Foil prices. Happy Holidays from Deckbox!

BEST XMAS GIFT EVER! Thank you Sebi!

Awesome!!! Thank you!

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

Yay!  Thank you!

One thing I just noticed:  I sorted my inventory by price.  It seems like cards are sorted by the non-foil price, even though the foil price is listed.

For example:

1     0     0     2     Scrubland    $72.42    Land - Plains Swamp         (R)
    1     0     0     0     Dark Confidant    $171.48    Creature - Human Wizard         (Foil)(MMA)
    1     0     0     6     Force of Will    $70.00

Last edited by Nighthawk (2013-12-24 17:51:46)

Nighthawk wrote:

It seems like cards are sorted by the non-foil price, even though the foil price is listed.

Yep, this is an older bug, we always sort by average price regardless of foil, or your setting. I need to get to fixing this soon! smile

I noticed this as you were doing this.  I went in here to look for an update, and there was nothing, so I've been waiting to hear something.  Thanks for the update!!!! As someone who is foiling my cube this is great!

Edit:  Is there anyway to display the value of foil promos.  Take for example Birds of Paradise.  There is a foil buy a box promo from M11.

Last edited by Almundjoy (2013-12-24 18:12:15)

Also, I think the foil prices aren't factoring into the total collection value (though I could be wrong... am I wrong?)...

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

corvair64 wrote:

Also, I think the foil prices aren't factoring into the total collection value (though I could be wrong... am I wrong?)...

I believe it is cause my collection value showed significant increase thanks to all the foils I have big_smile

Awww yisssss foilsssssss!

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

They are taken into consideration. But now that you mentioned it, I need to double check what happens for the cards that tcgplayer does not have any foil value for.

I think it takes 0 right now, but it should actually take the average value for a non-foil at least, if that exists.

I noticed this while you were working on it, I saw the price of my mint ReaperKing and almost pooped on my couch. smile

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

So Great! Another thing that would be nice: Sorting by price should order the higher foil prices correctly into the non-foil cards smile

It appears that there is now an issue where regular cards can't be added to a trade, if the owner also owns a foil equivalent. At least I ran into this when trying to add someone's reaper of the wilds to a trade. I wanted the regular card but only the foil card was displayed.

Last edited by alexx1523 (2013-12-24 23:47:14)

Foillllss!

Thank you so much.

Im real glad they put in foil pricing. Unfortunately it doesn't differentiate the pricing of pack foils and promo foils.

Yay! thank you!

check out my cube, do a draft, give me feedback

http://cubetutor.com/visualspoiler/4914

alexx1523 wrote:

It appears that there is now an issue where regular cards can't be added to a trade, if the owner also owns a foil equivalent. At least I ran into this when trying to add someone's reaper of the wilds to a trade. I wanted the regular card but only the foil card was displayed.

I have had this same issue.

Thanks, deckbox!  You are the best site in the history of the world!

Pretty cool addition!  Did you intend on removing the ability to click prices to goto TCG?  I already kind of miss that.  But good work with adding the foils.

* Using the + button in the card details dialog now sets your default edition / condition / language

Updated initial post to include this change i forgot to mention.

alexx1523 wrote:

This is now fixed, thanks for reporting.

SUCH UPDATE MUCH FOILS VERY XMAS SO HAPPY WOW

srsly... THANK YOU!!

Great update! Thanks!

Btw. is there any way to grab those prices as csv/json response?

http://ajfek.pl/mlc-banner.gif
^^ Help me spread the good news! big_smile

Something I noticed that sorting by price is incorrect with the new foil prices. The card is listed according to the price of the non foil version opposed to what is given for the foil price.

Helios52 wrote:

Something I noticed that sorting by price is incorrect with the new foil prices. The card is listed according to the price of the non foil version opposed to what is given for the foil price.

This one is addressed in one of Sebi's post's above.  He's aware of the bug, and acknowledges that he needs to fix it.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.