Topic: New to deckbox, let's trade

Just joined a few days ago, working on getting my inventory relatively accurate. It's tough with as many cards as I have.

Until things get fixed in this regard, everything in my current inventory is indeed available for trade. Once I can import my inventory into my tradelist, please only go by my tradelist.

A few things:
-I always use tcgplayer minimum prices when evaluating trade "fairness".
-I am happy to trade for any valuable cards, regardless if they are on my wishlist or not (valuable = over $10 on the low)
-When not trading for cards explicitly on my wishlist, I probably won't trade unless I am gaining ~20% value. This sounds like nothing but a giant ripoff, but two things- one, I'm willing to take any valuable card, some of which are notoriously hard to trade in smaller trading communities; and two, I have a very extensive collection and virtually everything is for trade. I do a large volume of sales online already, and if my trades are not gaining me value I couldn't get just by selling my cards and buying what I was looking for, then all the trade does is add more work for me. This also means that I'm willing to trade cards like Force of Will for, say, three playsets of Kitchen Finks or something like that.
-My inventory is but a fraction of my collection. I have common/uncommon playsets for every set available in standard, and multiple playsets of virtually every nonrare "staple" card for every format. Cursecatcher, Imperious Perfect, Kitchen Finks, Shrine of Burning Rage, Gut Shot, Beast Within, Timely Reinforcements, Counterbalance, Daze, Hymn to Tourach, and more. If there's something you're looking for, just ask.
-I also buy cards, singles or bulk, though not at "full price".

I'm working on my inventory all the time, continue to check back for updates. I try to keep it as detailed and accurate as possible, as many of my cards are foils and I have a number of Japanese/Russian/Italian Legends cards or otherwise unique items...

[edit]
Just finished sorting out a ton of commons and uncommons. All "staples". 42 Cursecatchers. 56 Unmakes. 14 Daze. 8 Mishra's Factory. Stuff like that. Will be slowly adding it to my inventory, hopefully done by the end of the weekend.

[edit]
Either the site gets very little traffic anyways, or nobody wants to trade with me. sad If you have cards that are worth something and want something of mine, go ahead and propose a trade. I'm not always looking to make a profit, sometimes just consolidate value or get rid of excess or whatnot. Let me know you're interested! It is discouraging to spend so much time on my inventory if nobody looks at it.

Last edited by Borgin (2012-04-04 04:08:10)

Re: New to deckbox, let's trade

Either the site gets very little traffic anyways, or nobody wants to trade with me. sad If you have cards that are worth something and want something of mine, go ahead and propose a trade. I'm not always looking to make a profit, sometimes just consolidate value or get rid of excess or whatnot. Let me know you're interested! It is discouraging to spend so much time on my inventory if nobody looks at it.

In reflect to your inquiring statement.
the business you're proceeding to conduct may be a bit intimidating to some traders who simply wish to trade.
The case of trade markups, and profiting will deter most people.

Keep in mind I'm not slandering your motives, just voicing a common though & my opinion.
I do wish you luck.

I'm not trying to be intimidating, though I do understand that I am a little less "casual" than other users/players. Things have picked up from a kind tip from another user, though, so thanks to them!

I understand that losing value on trades is often not what players want to do, especially when deckbox puts the value of the card right next to it. In person, I've found that "trading up" works a lot better, even when I'm completely transparent about pricing ("My cards are worth 20 and yours are worth 25. Is this cool with you?")- for whatever reason. It's hard to convey charisma over the internet, I suppose! wink

I think your best bet is to post the original post in your profile info and also to dump your entire inventory into your tradelist (if it's all up for grabs for the right opportunity, as you said). People are much more likely to find you if you have stuff on your trade/wish lists than not.

I wanted to do something like that, preypacer, but since there's no way to "export" my inventory into my tradelist, that means another eight-ish hours of manually adding cards and conditions (as many of my cards are foils, promos, or otherwise unique)... I've since posted in the reddit trade group thing and have done a pretty decent number of trades, so that definitely seems like the avenue to advertise.

The admins have promised a "inventory->tradelist" feature but that's obviously a pipedream. Perhaps I'll just have to do all this work a second time. Sigh.

here's a simplified method to transfer your inventory in a matter of seconds.
click (View) select print, Copy list, enter (trade list), click (add cards), select (impute multiple cards at once), paste inventory.

smile