Re: Rules Summary (with all official rulings)

No, you don't have to declare X when you play UTS. You play it, then when resolve you add a development and sacrifice how many developments you want.

1. Does abilities on units trigger when they leave play as development? e.g. Crypt Ghouls, Zhufbar Engineers
2. Does Forgotten Cairn trigger when an unit leaves play as development?
2. Can i use Kindred of Laith-Kourn's ability when there is no damage on him?

1. No. Developments have no card text.
2. No. Cards leave play as what they are, in this case developments.
3. Yes. If you don't actually remove damage, it won't count as healing though, for the purposes of other effects that trigger off a unit being healed.

Ok, two more questions:
1. How persistent are granted properties? Does they last when an unit granted an ability goes to the graveyard/hand and then reappears in the play? E.g. Does Countess Iseara turn Crypt Ghouls/any 0-cost unit into infinite sacrifice fodder?
2. What happens to trigger conditions generated in single action chain? Are they grouped in the newly created action window or can I respond to all of them even if they're similar? E.g. How many resource counters can I put on my Heroic Task staffed with Thief of Essence when I play Whip the Slaves on my Walking Sacrifice?

Last edited by inqb (2012-08-31 09:43:51)

1. They last for as long as it says on the card, or by default until the end of the turn. When a card leaves play though, it is treated as a new copy of the card - it "forgets" all effects that applied to it. So if Iseara gives a unit in your discard pile necromancy, you return it to play, and it leaves play again, it loses necromancy again.

2. People at the gaming table usually combine the results of different effects for convenience ("I draw a total of four cards", "I deal a total of seven damage", and so on), but this isn't strictly correct by the rules. Separate effects always stay separate. It's often fine to combine them for convenience, you just have to keep in mind to watch out for situations where it does make a difference, like your example. You have three different effects that let you draw cards, so the action of Heroic Task gets triggered three times.

Yet another question:
When I reveal a Spell or an Epic Spell with Xirat'p's ability, do I need to obey other restrictions (e.g. Cacophonic Scream's "Play at the beginning of your turn.") or do they only apply when playing them normally?

Please ask questions in their own threads, and just leave this one for things directly related to the content of the Rules Summary.
Thanks.