Topic: FAQ 1.2

Compilação de:
Official Rulebook
Official v1.2 FAQ
Unofficial (printer friendly) FAQ.

General rules
Burning Zones
Q. Can I still use units abilities/draw cards/get resources if the relevant zone is burning?
A. Yes. A zone that is burning still functions normally except that it cannot be assigned damage (including indirect damage) (official FAQ).
Q. Can I attack an already burning zone?
A. Yes (official FAQ).
Q. If a zone has developments destroyed so that it would have enough damage on it to burn it, does it burn?
A. Yes (rulebook, p12).
Q. If a attack a burning zone with a unit that has the Scout keyword (i.e. Dwarf Ranger, Free Company), can I still activate the Scout ability after combat?
A. Yes. James' Ruling

Beginning of Turn
Q. Do effects that occur "at the beginning of the turn" occur before the Kingdom phase?
A. Yes.  They occur in the action window before the Kingdom phase.
Q. If I have multiple optional effects that occur at the beginning of turn, can I put them all in the same stack, or different stacks?
A. If you have multiple optional effects that occur at the beginning of turn, you can play them any time you want during the "beginning of turn" action window before the Kingdom phase.  So yes, you can do either.  James' ruling
Q. If I have multiple Constant, Forced, and Action effects occuring at once, what resolves first?
A. Constant Effects are always resolved first (Note: they do not trigger, they initiate and resolve. Only effects that have a bold trigger word are considered triggered effects). Next come Forced Effects which trigger immediately on their trigger event resolving. They do not stack, each resolves completely on its own.  Finally come player actions.  James' Ruling via Dormouse
A2. Whenever multiple effects occur at the same time (i.e. multiple Forced effects), the player whose turn it is resolves his in the order of his choice, then the next player resolves his in the order of his choice. (FAQ v1.1)

Counterstrike
Q. Can I respond to my unit taking counterstrike damage, e.g. by sacrificing a unit to Grudge Thrower?
A. No, you cannot respond to counterstrike damage (rulebook, p16).
Q. Can I cancel counterstrike damage, e.g. via toughness?
A. No, counterstrike damage is uncancellable (rulebook, p16).
Q. Can I redirect counterstrike damage, e.g. via Warrior Priests' ability?
A. Yes. Redirection of damage is not cancellation.  However, note that if the redirection happens via an action (e.g. Blessing of Valaya) then that action must be played before declaration of defenders, since you cannot respond to counterstrike damage.

Quests
Q. Can I have 2 units questing on the same quest card?
A. No, but you may have them quest on 2 copies of the same quest (rulebook, p11).
Q. Can I add a unit already in play to a quest when I play the quest?
A. No (rulebook, p11).
Q. What happens if a unit on a quest is destroyed, moves zone or leaves play?
A. All resource counters on the quest are removed (rulebook, p11). Nate's ruling

Corruption
Q. If my unit is corrupted, can I still use its special abilities? And does it contribute power if in the Quest zone or Kingdom zone?
A. Yes, and yes. A corrupted unit may not be chosen as an attacker or defender but is otherwise unaffected (rulebook, p17).
Q. If my unit is already attacking or defending and becomes corrupted, what happens?
A. Nothing, it was already chosen as an attacker or defender (rulebook, p17).

Unit damage
Q. If a unit has 0 hit points, is it destroyed?
A. Yes, it is destroyed immediately (official FAQ & rulebook, p7 - the number of damage tokens on it is equal to its hit points ).
Q. If a unit has reduced hit points and damage on it so that the damage equals its hit points, is it destroyed?
A. Yes, it is destroyed immediately (rulebook, p7).
Q. When I am assigning indirect damage, can I assign more damage to a unit than would be needed to destroy it?
A. No (official FAQ).
Q. If I move damage onto a target with toughness, does it prevent the damage?
A. No. Moving damage is not considered dealing or assigning damage (it is considered moving), and damage moved from one unit to another does bypass toughness. Nate's ruling

Actions
Q. If I have a card with an optional action (e.g. Runesmith, Nurgle Sorceror), can I use it more than once?
A. Yes, as long as you can pay the cost, there is not a limit to the number of times you can play the action unless specified on the card.
Q. Do loyalty icons on tactics reduce the cost of tactics played in response?
A. No. The tactic is not in play and only race symbols in play count towards loyalty costs (rulebook, p11 & official FAQ).  Nate's ruling
Q. Can I respond to myself or my opponent playing units, support cards or developments with an action?
A. Yes (rulebook, p11).  However, you may not play units, support cards or developments in response to other actions.
Q. Do I choose what zone to put a unit into when I play the action, or when the unit enters play?
A. When you play the action. James' ruling
Q. If I have a card with a triggered action, like  Dwarf Ranger and multiple triggers occur at once, do I get to use the action multiple times?
A. Yes.  "Each response action can be triggered once per copy of the response action"  (FAQ v1.1 "FAQ")
Q. If I have multiple copies in play of a card with a triggered action like Mining Tunnels or Dwarf Ranger, does the action trigger multiple times each time the trigger event occurs?
A. Yes, similar to the above question.  For example, if you have 2 Dwarf Rangers in play, and 2 other dwarf units are destroyed, each Ranger will trigger twice, allowing you to deal 4 individual damage to targets of your choice. (FAQ v1.1 "FAQ")

Combat
Q. If a unit in combat moves out of the attacking zone (normally the battlefield) or defending zone, what happens?
A. Unless specified on the card that it can attack or defend from other zones, the unit is removed from combat. Note that if it already had damage assigned to it and it remains in play, it will still take the damage. Nate's ruling
Q. If I defend with a unit with toughness or other damage cancellation abilities, does the attacker have to assign damage equal to the current hitpoints remaining of the unit or the total damage required to destroy it?
A. The total damage required to destroy it at the point where damage is assigned (including cancellation effects, but not other effects, such as redirection).  For example, if you defend with a unit with toughness 1 and 2 hitpoints, at least 3 damage must be assigned to that unit before further damage can be assigned to the capital.  (FAQ v1.1 "Core Set Rulebook Errata" and "Redirecting Damage")
Q. If I play a card like Waaagh! or use an action like Grudge Thrower before combat, do I get the bonus?
A. Yes, that kind of action creates a continuous effect that waits for the appropriate time to give the bonus.   James's ruling

Limited cards
Q. If I put a Limited card into play via a card effect (e.g. Dwarf Cannon Crew), can I still play a Limited card from my hand?
A. Yes.  "Put into play" does not count as "play" for the purposes of the Limited keyword.  James' ruling

Attachments
Q. Can I play attachments, such as Warp Lightning Cannon or hexes, onto my opponents units?
A. Yes.  This is the exception to the rule that states you may only play Support, Quest, and Unit cards into your own 3 zones. (FAQ v1.1 "Attachments")

Detailed Combat Damage Steps
Declared attacking units power is totaled => Assign said damage => Declared defending units power is totaled => Assign said damage => Active player gets first chance to take an action => Inactive player gets opportunity to take an action => Continue until both players pass consecutively => Cancel and/or Redirect damage => Apply Damage step starts => move all assigned damage to units and zones => remove all units whose HP is equal to or less than the number of damage tokens on them and place a burn counter on any zone whose HP is equal to or less than the number of damage tokens on it => Trigger any "has been dealt damage" effects on surviving units

Detailed Non-Combat Damage Steps
Player triggers an effect, paying all costs, that would cause damage => opposing player has an opportunity to trigger an Action: in response => each player can continue to trigger actions until both players pass consecutively => Resolve the Action Chain in reverse order (Last card played is the first resolved)with no opportunity to trigger any additional actions => Damage is Assigned (assuming that the resolution has not invalidated the target or canceled the playing of the card outright) => Cancel and/or Redirect damage due to existing effects => Apply Damage step starts => move all assigned damage to units and zones => remove all units whose HP is equal to or less than the number of damage tokens on them and place a burn counter on any zone whose HP is equal to or less than the number of damage tokens on it => Trigger any "has been dealt damage" effects on surviving units

Specific card rulings

Abandoned Mine
Q. If i have three copies of Abandoned Mine in play, at the beginning of my turn can i trigger each Abandoned Mine to take a total of 3 developments back into my hand?
A. Yes (official FAQ, Errata: Actions).
Q. If I have one Abandoned Mine can I trigger its action multiple times to draw multiple cards back into my hand?
A. No(official FAQ, Errata: Actions).

Alluring Daemonettes
Q. Can I use their ability more than once per turn?
A. Only if they somehow attack more than once per turn - their ability is a response ability.  James's ruling

Altar of Khaine
Q. When do I need to trigger this Action in order to save my units which are being destroyed?
A. This card has received errata, and is no long an Action.  The effect now occurs "when the unit would be destroyed." (FAQ v1.1)

Arrer Boyz
Q. Why does it say "takes damage" on Arrer Boyz instead of "is dealt damage"?
A. Because the source of the effect is itself.  James's ruling

Blessing of Valaya
Q. If the unit takes less than 2 damage before the end of turn, does the Blessing effect wear off?
A. Yes, Blessing of Valaya creates a conditional effect.  Conditional effects last until their condition is met, or until end of turn, whichever occurs first.  (FAQ v1.1)

Blood for the Blood God
Q. Can I target a unit in the quest zone or kingdom zone with  Blood for the Blood God?
A. No (card text).

Bloodthirster
Q. Does the Bloodthirster sacrifice itself if it is the only unit in its zone at the beginning of the turn?
A. Yes.
Q. Is it only the damage that the Bloodthirster deals that can't be cancelled, or all damage?
A. While the Bloodthirster is in play, all damage cannot be cancelled.

Boar Attack
Q. When Boar Attack is played by my opponent and I have one burning zone and no developments in any zone, do I have to deal damage to another zone of mine?
A. Yes.  Damage cannot be assigned/dealt to a burning zone. (FAQ v1) James Ruling

Deathmaster Sniktch
Q. If I have 1 other Skaven in play and my opponent has a 2 HP creature with 1 damage on it, can I use the Deathmaster's ability to destroy it?
A. No.  The Deathmaster's ability only cares about HP, not damage.  The card has received errata to reflect this.  The word "remaining" was a typo.  (FAQ v1.1)
Q. If the number of Skaven cards in play changes after I play the Deathmaster's ability (due to other actions being played in response), can that stop the Deathmaster destroying his target?
A. Yes.  If the number of Skaven cards in play would be equal to or greater than the hitpoints of the units when the ability resolves, then the Deathmaster's ability will fizzle.  James's ruling

Defend the Border
Q. If I have 2 copies of Defend the Border with 3 resource tokens on each and my capital takes 2 damage, what happens?
A. The same thing as if you only had 1 copy of Defend the Border with 3 resource tokens on it. The first point of damage (and only the first point) is redirected and the second point is dealt normally.

Dragonmage
Q. If I have Gromril Armour on a Dragonmage, does it still take damage?
A. No.  James's ruling

Dwarf Cannon Crew
Q. Do loyalty symbols matter for the cost of the support card in the top 5 cards?
A. No (Official FAQ, under Terminology Clarifications).
Q. If the Cannon Crew put a Limited card into play, can I still play a Limited card from my hand as normal?
A. Yes. Limited restricts "play" and Cannon Crew is a "put into play" effect.James's ruling and (FAQ v1.1)
Q. If I find a support card but don't want to put it into play, can I choose not to?
A. Yes.  You reshuffle the deck afterwards.  (FAQ v1.1 - "Card Errata")
Q. If I do not find a support card, do I reshuffle the deck?
A. Yes.  James's ruling

Dwarf Ranger
Q. If multiple Rangers are destroyed by the same effect (e.g. Troll Vomit, Judgement of Verena, combat damage), do they trigger their damage on destruction?
A. No, they must be in play for their trigger to activate.
Q. If I choose to deal damage to a capital, who chooses which section is damaged?
A. The player controlling the Dwarf Ranger. (see Sadistic Mutation)

Grimgor Ironhide
Q. If I turn Grimgor face up with Rip Dere 'Eads Off!, does Grimgor destroy the support cards and developments in the corresponding zones?
A. No. The development containing Grimgor is already in play, so Grimgor does not enter play directly and his ability is not triggered (official FAQ).

Grudge Thrower
Q. If I sacrifice a unit to Grudge Thrower before combat, do I still get the attacking or defending bonus?
A. Yes.  James's ruling

Har Ganeth
Q. If I target a unit with Har Ganeth's ability and some other action happens in response to raise its hitpoints above 1, does the unit still return to its owners hand?
A. No, the ability will fizzle.  James's ruling
Q. Can I reduce the hitpoints of a unit (e.g. Vile Sorceress's ability, We Need Your Blood, etc) and then return it to owners hand with Har Ganeth?
A. Yes.  See the ruling for beginning-of-turn actions here.

Harpies
Q. If I use the Harpies' ability and then uncorrupt them via Chillwind or other restoration effect, can I use it again in the same turn?
A. No.  It is a response action like beginning-of-the-turn actions and you can only use it once per turn.  James's ruling

Hellcannon Reserves
Q. Does the extra damage from Hellcannon Reserves apply to non-targeted damage dealt from Nurgle's Pestilence?
A. No, the Reserves only add damage to effects that specifically say "target", e.g. Flames of Tzeentch. James's ruling

Horrific Mutation
Q. A unit with Counterstrike is assigned to defend against an attacker with Horrific Mutation. If the Mutation would reduce its hitpoints to 0 or to the damage on it, does it deal Counterstrike damage?
A. No. Nate's ruling

Iron Discipline
Q. If my opponent plays an attachment on a unit, can I use Iron Discipline to make him pay extra resources or cancel the attachment?
A. Yes.  (FAQ v1.2, reversal of FAQ v1.1)

Isha's Gaze
Q. Can I heal a unit that has no damage on it to trigger Isha's Gaze?
A. No. (FAQ v1.1 "Healing")

Johannes Broheim
Q. Can I move Johannes on my opponent's turn?
A. Yes. He can move at the end of every phase, not just the phases in your turn.

King Kazador
Q. If I play Troll Vomit or Judgement of Verena, must I spend an additional 3 resources to destroy Kazador?
A. No. Troll Vomit and Judgement of Verena do not target cards.

Rat Ogres
Q. If I have multiple copies of Rat Ogres in play, can I corrupt a Clan Rats/Deathmaster Sniktch/etc between the Rat Ogres uncorruption triggers?
A. Yes.  You choose the order of your simultaneous effects and "beginning of turn" effects.James's ruling

Reaper Bolt Thrower / Repeater Bolt Thrower
Q. Can I use the Bolt Thrower's ability more than once in the same turn?
A. No (Card errata, FAQ v1.2).
Q. If a response to the activation of the Repeater Bolt Thrower destroys a development (e.g. via Demolition), does it change the amount of indirect damage the Bolt Thrower does?
A. No, since the X was already fixed when the Repeater Bolt Thrower activation cost was paid.  James's ruling

Rip Dere 'Eads Off!
Q. If I turn Grimgor Ironhide face up with Rip Dere 'Eads Off!, does Grimgor destroy the support cards and developments in the corresponding zones?
A. No. The development containing Grimgor is already in play, so Grimgor does not enter play directly and his ability is not triggered (FAQ v1.0).
Q. If my opponent responds to me playing a hero with Rip Dere 'Eads Off and reveals the same hero, what happens?
A. The hero that Rip Dere 'Eads Off revealed remains in play and is sacrificed at the end of the turn.  The last hero to enter play (the version played from hand) is immediately sacrificed. James' ruling and FAQ v1.1

Sadistic Mutation
Q. If you play Sadistic Mutation on a Nurgle Sorceror, does it do an extra damage if you activate the Sorceror during combat?
A. No. Sadistic Mutation activates only when damage is done as a result of combat.
Q. If I choose to deal damage to a capital, who chooses which section is damaged?
A. The player controlling the Mutation. Nate's ruling
Q. If damage dealt by a unit is canceled, does Sadistic Mutation trigger and do its damage?
A. Yes, but only if the attached unit adds at least 1 damage to the damage pool, AND at least 1 damage from the combat damage pool is applied to a unit or capital. (FAQ, "Dealing Damage in Combat")

Shrine to Nurgle
Q. If you have Shrine To Nurgle in play, and damage an opposing unit via direct damage (e.g. Flames of Tzeentch, Nurgle Sorceror), does it become corrupted?
A. No (official FAQ, errata to Shrine to Nurgle).
Q. If you play Nurgle's Pestilence during combat with a Shrine to Nurgle in play, does it corrupt all of the opponent's units?
A. No (official FAQ, errata to Shrine to Nurgle).
Q. If you have Shrine To Nurgle in play, and damage an opposing unit via counterstrike damage, does it become corrupted?
A. Yes.  Counterstrike damage is considered combat damage (official FAQ, counterstrike definition). Note that the corrupted unit in this case was already declared as an attacker, so it continues combat normally unless it is destroyed by the counterstrike damage.

Slaanesh's Domination
Q. Can my opponent respond to me playing Slaanesh's Domination by playing tactics so that I won't be able to play them?
A. Yes, but they must do that before the 3 random cards are revealed.

Shrine to Taal
Q. If the number of developments I have in the zone containing Shrine to Taal changes, does it affect the power bonus granted by Shrine to Taal?
A. No. The power bonus is fixed at the resolution of the Shrine to Taal effect. Nate's ruling

Stand Your Ground
Q. If a dwarf unit was a development that was destroyed, can I play Stand Your Ground to return it to play?
A. Yes (official FAQ).

Stubborn Refusal
Q. If damage is applied to a unit and it is enough to destroy it, can I move the damage off the unit with Stubborn Refusal?
A. No. Stubborn Refusal cannot be used to prevent terminal damage, there is no action window between that damage being applied, and the unit being destroyed. Nate's ruling

Swordmasters of Hoeth
Q. If I defend with Swordmasters of Hoeth, and the attackers have 20 damage to assign, how much damage MUST be assigned to the Swordmasters before damage can be assigned to my capital?
A. All of it.  Units must be assigned enough damage to destroy them, including cancellation effects.  Since Swordmasters cancel all combat damage, no damage can be assigned to the capital (see Combat Damage above).  James' Ruling

The Greatswords
Q. Does The Greatswords give itself +1 Power when it enters play?
A. Yes. Nate's ruling
Q. Does The Greatswords get +1 Power when a unit moves into its zone (e.g. via Johannes Broheim, Pistoliers, Forced March)?
A. Yes.

The Glittering Tower
Q. If multiple units are healed by the same effect (e.g. Initiate of Saphery's ability), does the Tower's ability trigger once or once for each unit healed?
A. It triggers once for each unit healed.  So if Greater Heal healed 3 units, you would get to do 3 damage assigned as you wish.  (FAQ v1.1)

Totem of Gork
Q. Does the power bonus granted by the Totem apply to all units in battlefield zones, or just the battlefield with the Totem in it?
A. Just the battlefield with the Totem.  Each player has 3 zones which are considered separate zones from opposing zones.

Thyrus Gorman
Q. Why does it say "takes damage" on Thyrus Gorman instead of "is dealt damage"?
A. Because the source of the effect is itself.  James's ruling

Twin-Tailed Comet
Q. If a variable cost tactic like Flames of Tzeentch is copied, what is the X in the effect?
A. 0. So a copied Flames of Tzeentch would normally do 0 damage. Nate's ruling

Urguck
Q. How does Urguck work? Can I add damage to him to get resources?
A. No, you may remove damage from him during your capital phase and for each damage removed you gain 1 resource.

Vigilant Electors
Q. Do the Electors count as a unit after they change to an attachment?
A. No, and in fact they have been errata'd to be a support card after they change. (FAQ v1.1)

Waaagh!
Q. If I play Waaagh before combat (e.g. at the beginning of my turn), do I still get the bonus to power when I attack?
A. Yes.  James's ruling

Warpstone Meteor
Q. Can I choose to take damage on the capital instead of corrupting a unit in the same zone as the Meteor?
A. Yes. Nate's ruling
Q. Can I take the damage anywhere in the capital, or must it be in the same zone?
A. Anywhere in the capital.

Warp Lightning Cannon
Q. Can I attach the Cannon to an opponent's unit when I play it (and therefore corrupt that unit)?
A. Yes.  (FAQ v1.1 "Attachments")

We'z Bigga!
Q. If I play 2 copies of We'z Bigga and then a unit, does the unit cost 1 or 2 less? And does it come into play with 1 or 2 damage on it?
A. The unit will cost 2 less and come into play with 2 damage on it. Nate's ruling

Will of the Electors
Q. Can I move developments from one zone to 2 other zones with Will of the Electors?
A. No, the developments must go to the same zone.
Last edited by Entropy (2010-09-24 20:14:44)