Topic: Upcoming features

Major upcoming features

1. Better display of card prices (taking edition into consideration)

2. Consolidating information on trade feedback and disputes. Make user feedback much more proeminent

3. Tagging / subsets in inventory

4. Deck history and rating

5. Mobile interface

Tagging / subsets in inventory

Originally requested by TheShaman, quite a while back. Postponed by me quite a few times because other stuff got in the way, and because I was not sure how to implement it. The idea is that many serious collectors have organized their cards into sub-collections, be it split on blocks, formats, or whatever other criteria, and it only makes sense that one should be able to do this with their inventory. Discussion here: http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=67.

Mobile interface

No more printing tradelists or wishlists to take with you to FNM or your local store! Deckbox lists will be on your phone tongue

Last edited by sebi (2012-03-08 11:22:12)

Re: Upcoming features

Let me just say, wow. It's truly an awesome site.

sebi wrote:

[*]Ability to specify card information (for MtG especially - foiled, edition, printing etc)[/*]

Would be pretty nice to see this for WoW TCG as well, Extended Art and Loot Cards, however, MtG needs it way more at the moment wink

I see you are adding total deck value, will you be adding total value to collection inventory or tradelists as well?

Well if I'm adding it for decks, it's really easy to add it to the others as well. Not so sure if that would be ok though...

What do you guys think? Would that be useful and relevant?

Well, it could be an interesting function (how much is my collection worth), but it is up to you if you believe it is appropriate or not.

Maybe it isn't all that useful, but it would be interesting. I wouldn't make it 'on' by default; it should be a toggle-able option.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

I have a few friends interested in the site that would like to import their collections and see how much they are worth. If they want it, I'm sure others will too.

I just want to see how much my pimped EDH deck is worth...hope the language/foil/edition options come soon. big_smile

I didn't actually put two and two together until now, but if you can link the tradelist to the inventory so that cards that are put in the tradelist automatically show up in the inventory, wouldn't it be nearly as easy to make multiple sub-inventories? As previously stated, this would be so that I can have my collection sorted by box here, as it is in the real world.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

@collection value : I think I'll add that for all decks. It'll take a little while though, there's some issues and discussions regarding the card prices right now.

TheShaman wrote:

I didn't actually put two and two together until now, but if you can link the tradelist to the inventory so that cards that are put in the tradelist automatically show up in the inventory, wouldn't it be nearly as easy to make multiple sub-inventories? As previously stated, this would be so that I can have my collection sorted by box here, as it is in the real world.

Yep, I'm thinking about this issue as well.

What is the ETA on the Mobile Interface and will it be iPhone/iPad friendly? yikes

As for collection value I would be interested in seeing that as well.

silvermarmot wrote:

What is the ETA on the Mobile Interface and will it be iPhone/iPad friendly? yikes

It's high on the TODO list smile It will definitely be iPhone / IPad friendly (and touch devices in general).

As for collection value I would be interested in seeing that as well.

This is already implemented. If you view one of your sets (Inv / Wishlist / Tradelist), just click on View, then Show Value.

Just wondering if it would be possible to set up a way to play casual games in this site

Nighteater wrote:

Just wondering if it would be possible to set up a way to play casual games in this site

This has crossed our minds of course, but sadly it is a very difficult thing to implement decently sad

So I'd have to say this will come at some point in the far future, if ever.

Nighteater wrote:

This has crossed our minds of course, but sadly it is a very difficult thing to implement decently sad

I remember in magic workstation they just had basic mechanics, and you mostly depended on the people to regulate the game. Could this be possible?

This might have already been mentioned, but it would be cool if you could mark all cards past 4 available for trade.

Boomtap wrote:

This might have already been mentioned, but it would be cool if you could mark all cards past 4 available for trade.

Or have it set as an option in user profile, with a user defined number. I like having two play sets.

Ya, that is a good suggestion.

great site, but got a question/request, could you include Token cards in Magic The Gathering? it would be really great smile

Truepicasso wrote:

great site, but got a question/request, could you include Token cards in Magic The Gathering? it would be really great smile

Some tokens are in there, but they are listed different ways (some just by the card title, others as "____ token card").  A lot are missing, though: for example, saproling, kithkin soldier are two I was just trying to enter.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

sebi wrote:
Nighteater wrote:

You're probably risking a lot of attention from WOTC if you implement this.  I personally would love it as well, but is it worth the risk is my question.  While I don't know the laws, id hate to see this wonderful site get shutdown.

Jeff

Last edited by Fejjgw (2011-06-27 22:34:23)

Fejjgw wrote:
sebi wrote:
Nighteater wrote:

You're probably risking a lot of attention from WOTC if you implement this.  I personally would love it as well, but is it worth the risk is my question.  While I don't know the laws, id hate to see this wonderful site get shutdown.

Jeff

Agreed.  If anything the most useful feature I tend to find related to the decks themselves besides creation is the ability to generate opening hands.  Plenty of other places to play and I would hope you would not lose focus on tweaking and adding features directly related to what is here now on the site.

As Jeff mentioned this is the first site I've even considered transferring my paper inventory sheets into.

Leif

I would like to see some functionality to help me keep track of what I loan out.

will windows phone 7 get some love? big_smile