Topic: Trade confirmation

When is a trade confirmed? When you both agree to the trade or when you confirm the address? The reason I ask is that I would like to propose a trade, and then be able to confirm I still have the cards (I do trading 2-3 time a week in my local area). Is there a way to propose a trad without having to be on the hook for the full trade if something doesn't turn out to be available?

Re: Trade confirmation

frankenskid wrote:

When is a trade confirmed? When you both agree to the trade or when you confirm the address? The reason I ask is that I would like to propose a trade, and then be able to confirm I still have the cards (I do trading 2-3 time a week in my local area). Is there a way to propose a trad without having to be on the hook for the full trade if something doesn't turn out to be available?

Our rules currently state that:

2.1 After the trade is accepted and addresses exchanged, there is no backing out. The transaction is considered confirmed. If a user needs to back out because he cannot complete (for objective reasons, like missing cards) the trade, he must be willing to negotiate a compensatory trade with the other party.

If you do not know that you have the cards, you should not confirm the trade. Write in the trade chat that you agree in principle, and you are checking your inventory, and will accept after that.

If you *do* accept it, then at least don't confirm your address before you check. Otherwise the other person might send his cards to you, and you won't be able to send them to him.

Re: Trade confirmation

Ok so the actualy confirmation of mailing address is the final stroke as far as full confirmation.