Topic: Searching options

Would be really nice if under the advanced search, while viewing inventory or database, the color options were more robust.  It would be nice to have an option for multi-color, mono-color, and hybrid.  Also the ability to require certain colors in a search would be nice.

Re: Searching options

You should already be able to able to accomplish everything mentioned here aside from a search for every multi-color card exclusively.  You can change the search type and select more than one color at a time to do almost anything.

If that doesn't answer your question, would you please provide more specific examples?

It is entirely possible that you can do what I want to do and I just am not smart enough to get there.  The example that comes to mind was when I was trying to search a subset of cards that contained white OR red OR green OR any combination of those colors.  It seems like a NOT option in the search would achieve this.  I could get cards that had all three of the colors...or I could get cards that were mono-red or mono-green or mono-white.  I would like a search to be able to return all of  a Figure of Destiny, Birds of Paradise, Woolly thoctar in one search.

Just mark those as the only three colors you want in the advanced search filter for color and it will give you all three of those cards.

Tawnos wrote:

You should already be able to able to accomplish everything mentioned here aside from a search for every multi-color card exclusively.  You can change the search type and select more than one color at a time to do almost anything.

If that doesn't answer your question, would you please provide more specific examples?

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but is there a reason we can't search for multicolor cards exclusively?  This would be very helpful to me, as I usually sort my own cards by color, but separate mutlicolor cards (any cards with more than one color identity).

Agreement with <djhp>.

When sorting through a collection, separating by color, it'd be a simpler to add a 'multi-color' choice to the color filter.

Adding more than one color to the color filter advanced search just adds mono-colored cards to the list. It is a bit of a nuisance.

What would be ideal is to generate a list of ONLY multi-colored cards, including those with dual mana costs.

Last edited by BlueBlazes (2015-12-25 19:13:47)

BlueBlazes wrote:

Agreement with <djhp>.

When sorting through a collection, separating by color, it'd be a simple to fix to add a 'multi-color' choice to the color filter.

Adding more than one color to the color filter advanced search just adds mono-colored cards to the list. It is a bit of a nuisance.

What would be ideal is to generate a list of ONLY multi-colored cards, including those with dual mana costs.

This is exactly what I meant, thanks for the eloquence.

Sorting by multicolor would be fantastic.  I sort my collection by color, and all my multicolors are together in alphabetical order (rares).  Having to choose which color represents the multicolor on the Deckbox search function makes it impossible to look at all the multicolor cards I own at once.

I figure setting it up as a Boolean value (similar to isFoil) would probably be the easiest to code.  Maybe something like isMulticolor that returns true if a card has more than one color identity.

A true Boolean search would be ideal but validating and cleaning input can be a hassle. In the absence of such a feature I would like to see an option to add in the option to add multiple options (such as adding another card text) for a on the Inventory and Full Card Database.

Example Search:
Rules Text > Contains: "Counter"
Rules Text > Does not contain: "+1"

The current search and filter does not allow multiple instances of the same search option.

Saving complicated or often used searches on the individual user level would be a great feature too.

I would much prefer a Boolean search or multiple instances of the same search options to any implementation of tags you are considering but hey .. maybe do both big_smile.

PROFILETradelistWishlist

BlueBlazes wrote:

Agreement with <djhp>.

When sorting through a collection, separating by color, it'd be a simpler to add a 'multi-color' choice to the color filter.

Just bumping this again as I'm dealing with this problem now.

My use case is that it's easy to pull up the full card database, filter by color, sort it to match my sorting method, and then I just have to scroll through the list to easily enter all of the cards in my collection.  This is possible with every portion of my collection except for the multi-color section.

I tried playing around with manipulating the query string, but no dice.  I did find that there is a hidden "none of".  If you select (for example) color is one of blue, the query string in the URL is f=732
The 7 is color, 3 is "one of", and 2 is blue.  Change the second digit to a 2, and you get none of blue.  None of red or green would be 725.4

the colors are w u b r g c -> 1 2 3 4 5 6

Wish I could have figured out multicolored, but it won't let me stack the same type of filter...

This was a fun waste of time!

So, this isn't a great solution, but I figured out a way around this somewhat.

I'm reorganizing my collection, and to do the multicolors I downloaded my collection to an excel sheet and then went through and filtered Cost by contains {w} and {u} and so on and marked them with 1s. Then I did the hybrids with filter to contain {wu} and marked them by 2s. Then I can filter by those columns and get the list as it would be on deckbox.