Topic: Feature Request

First of all, I love this site.

Here are some things I would like to see:

1) A card database search like or better than: (http://tappedout.net/). Right now I find myself using their site to find cards I can't really remember on here. The ability to search for more than one color type (such as search for Blue and Black zombie) would be really appreciated. Kinda like http://cardkingdom.com/ .

2) It makes sense to me that the default view for a users profile should be their inventory. I feel like I'm clicking too much with the current navigational setup.

3) Some minor refinement of the side bar and top bar. I find myself getting confused with things like clicking for 'my friends' and the friends of the users page I'm on. I'll get used to it eventually, but it's a little confusing right now and it might hinder new users.

Again, great work guys. I'm loving what you've done. So addicting!!!

Re: Feature Request

nate_sutton wrote:

1) A card database search like or better than: (http://tappedout.net/). Right now I find myself using their site to find cards I can't really remember on here. The ability to search for more than one color type (such as search for Blue and Black zombie) would be really appreciated. Kinda like http://cardkingdom.com/ .

You should be able to find more than 1 color when you search; you just click more than one color to select multiples.  It's a little less obvious than the advanced search at CardKingdom but it also doesn't take up my entire monitor to use it wink

nate_sutton wrote:

2) It makes sense to me that the default view for a users profile should be their inventory. I feel like I'm clicking too much with the current navigational setup.

Do you mean the screen you see when you first click in to a users profile or the default list in the trading opportunities area?  Either way, really, you might be in the minority there.  The intention of a persons inventory is for them to catalog and organize their cards, not to display what's there to the public (e.g. for trading).  There have even been a few requests to block the ability to see other peoples inventory (based on a setting) for various reasons and many are hopeful it is implemented.

Aside from that, or if I misunderstood your point, what else makes you feel like you click too much?

nate_sutton wrote:

3) Some minor refinement of the side bar and top bar. I find myself getting confused with things like clicking for 'my friends' and the friends of the users page I'm on. I'll get used to it eventually, but it's a little confusing right now and it might hinder new users.

I absolutely agree with you on this; I oftentimes get confused as well and find myself wondering where all my trades went or why all my forum posts got marked as read only to remember that I'm not looking at my profile.  A visual clue here would be really nice!

Yeah, Ok, you're probably right on 1 and 2. I think the main thing is just making things a little easier to navigate. I was just trying to think of things that I liked on other sites. I like this site and it'd be nice if it did well.

It's never really a question of right and wrong, it's about what's the most useful.  If you think the advanced search should be laid out differently don't be afraid to say so; you're probably not the only one.  I just wanted to make sure you knew that what you were after is possible.

The same goes for the default profile view.  I think it's awesome that you've shared your opinion on it and although I personally believe the majority of this sites users want the inventory to be invisible to the outside world that doesn't make me right.  The only way to know for sure is to speak your mind and see who agrees/disagrees.  You've done your part already wink

The awesome thing about Deckbox is that the site administrators are fairly responsive to their users.  They aren't necessarily fast but every day there are updates being created to enhance the site based primarily on forum posts like these.  If we all keep it up and I couldn't imagine the site not doing very well.

I'd love it if the search options supported boolean operators or lazy searching.  If I want to see all the cards in my inventory that destroy lands, I have search individually for every syntax I can think of - "destroy target land," "destroy target nonbasic land," "destroy all lands," etc - and that still doesn't catch stuff like aftershock. 

Alternately, allow me to add more than one box of the same filter type.  So one row says "rules text" and has something in it.  The next row would also be "rules text" filter, but I'd put different requiremetns.