Topic: [Feature Request]

Is there a way to do more advanced text searches with the current card search.  If I want to find cards that contain both "heal" and "destroy" in their text, is there a way to do that?

If not, I would suggest an ability to search your search results.  I've seen other requests on here for being able to filter by "Elf" but not "Wizard" as a subtype, or similar features.  This is not possible with the current search.  If search results were searchable, complex searches could be created using only the binary "contains/doesn't contain" of the current search form.  Maybe the ability to search your searches is very difficult to code, but I figured I'd throw that out there since other ways of making complex searches may screw up the simplicity of the current search UI.

Re: [Feature Request]

More advanced search would be great. Until then you can use gatherer http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx for magic cards.

Until this feature is implemented (trust me it is not that easy)
You can use the following wild cards:
% - any number of any caracter
_  - any of one caracter

ie %
so if you want to search for "destroy" + "heal" try 'destroy%heal' (without the quotes)    and after that     'heal%destroy'   because this searches for a pattern that contains word A and after that word B but will not find combination where word B is before A

ie _

for this wild card you can use 'gain _ life' this will search for result where you gain a single digit life

You get the picture smile

Thanks for the tip.  I'm searching for W:I cards, so Gatherer isn't too helpful smile

Enjoy cool