Re: Release 2.1: Trading Opportunities, important cards in wishlists, etc

@Ber Removed Gdañsk.

@DTrain Sorry for that, fixed now, it should have indeed said 100%

@ballth The 'next' links work for us. Which browser are you using? Thanks for the other suggestions, will think about it. With regard to what you said here:

I constantly see the same names at the top of my list and must weed through them each time when I know they don't have anything I need.

Why do you not need anything from them despite them showing up?  Is it that the card values do not match too well, or is it that the cards you need from them are not that important for you as the ones you would be giving away?

Maybe I'm being dumb, but how do you mark a card as "important"?  I'm not seeing it anywhere obvious.

The Can give / receive column has a ? with mouseover text that states that this is the number of cards the user needs from you and the number you need from them, but it's not. It's the total value of those cards on both sides. They could have one card on your trade list worth $80 or four cards you need at $20/each.

While the value isn't terrible information, I would much rather have that column show the number of cards as I think it's intended.

marumari wrote:

Maybe I'm being dumb, but how do you mark a card as "important"?  I'm not seeing it anywhere obvious.

If you go to the new "Trading Opportunities" section, there are filters to add specific cards you're either looking for or looking to move.  You can then filter accordingly and highlight only those users who would fit your desired trade(s).

@ marumari - on your wishlist page, there is a column - flag as important.  It's next to the card's name.

TyWooOneTime wrote:
marumari wrote:

If you go to the new "Trading Opportunities" section, there are filters to add specific cards you're either looking for or looking to move.  You can then filter accordingly and highlight only those users who would fit your desired trade(s).

Ah ha, that was it.  It's kind of faded out!

It seems like a very weird choice to put it there.  Why isn't just part of a card's characteristics on the wishlist?  You can select foil, promo, signed... why not be able to select important there as well?  Seems like it would make sense that I would be able to go to Dark Confidant's page and select it as important, but I can't.

Thanks for all your hard work, the site is only getting more awesome.

For next update could you implement a couple small changes?

1. The ability to search through the pages other than by "First, Previous, Next, Last." I would like to start a search somewhere in the middle too...
2. Fix some of those corrupted expansion symbol pictures (Avacyn Restored rares; Mirrodin Besieged commons/uncommons/rares/mythics)

Last edited by leitmotiv (2013-10-22 17:26:30)

Any way you can add full art Zendikar lands?

For example, I have a foil Zendikar forest that is about $37 worth but it shows up as $0.59

Thanks for adding in this feature. It has helped me search out some potential deals much easier than before.

On an aside note, I noticed that FTV: 20 values are often showing as $0. Is there a way to fix that?

Keep up the good work. cool

JGolbez wrote:

Thanks for adding in this feature. It has helped me search out some potential deals much easier than before.

On an aside note, I noticed that FTV: 20 values are often showing as $0. Is there a way to fix that?

Keep up the good work. cool

This is an issue with the TCG player API. As far as I know there is currently no fix available, but I will wait for sebi / one of the coders to confirm

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Just curious- Any plans to add in a filter to the trading opportunities like we have when searching someone's lists? I'd love to say I only want people with my wishlist foils to show up wink

UnstableFlux wrote:

Just curious- Any plans to add in a filter to the trading opportunities like we have when searching someone's lists? I'd love to say I only want people with my wishlist foils to show up wink

Hmm, is the matching not already strict mode? So the values you see there as being possible to trade should refer to the cards you *exactly* need (the foils in your case). If it's not like that, might be a bug smile

I mean, 95% of my wishlist is foils and the 'Can receive' section is getting hits for the non-foil versions. So it will show up as someone has like $100 of cards I'm looking for, but in reality they have none sad

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-10-30 13:17:03)

UnstableFlux wrote:

I mean, 95% of my wishlist is foils and the 'Can receive' section is getting hits for the non-foil versions. So it will show up as someone has like $100 of cards I'm looking for, but in reality they have none sad

That's actually a bug. Will take a look at this!

Fixed an issue where Internet Explorer users could not click the next page button in Trading Opportunities.

Something i noticed is that if you search for a card using the "specific card search" and you click on a trader. If you hit the back button you go to your trading opportunities page and your search is no longer highlighted nor are the traders you just found located there. Is there a possible way to have it like the old version where once you search find a trader and want to go back to the search area that the card you are looking for is still highlighted. It's a pain to have to open duplicate pages with your search just to view multiple profiles without having to keep typing in the same "specific card" in the trading opportunities search page.

Also thanks for all the hard work!:)

I WANT YOUR MIRRODIN, DARKSTEEL AND FIFTH DAWN RARES THAT ARE ON MY WISHLIST!!!!

UnstableFlux wrote:

Hey, is this still a problem for you? I tested a bit and now it seems to work ok for me.