Topic: Multi-step Sale Process [Request]

If possible, could we implement a multi-step sale process, similar to trading? Buyer sends an order, we review the order and then accept it. Right now the order just goes straight to fulfillment. I would like an extra step where I receive the order, and then confirm/accept the order along with the chat functionality from the trade interface (sometimes buyers are looking for things that can't be listed on inventory, as well). That way, the seller has the ability to confirm card condition, etc.

edit: and a way to clear all prices that we've set, returning the tradelist contents to N/A?

Last edited by ReliquaryTower (2014-03-27 17:01:11)

Re: Multi-step Sale Process [Request]

ReliquaryTower wrote:

If possible, could we implement a multi-step sale process, similar to trading? Buyer sends an order, we review the order and then accept it. Right now the order just goes straight to fulfillment. I would like an extra step where I receive the order, and then confirm/accept the order along with the chat functionality from the trade interface (sometimes buyers are looking for things that can't be listed on inventory, as well). That way, the seller has the ability to confirm card condition, etc.

edit: and a way to clear all prices that we've set, returning the tradelist contents to N/A?

It wouldn't be terrible as long as it wasn't used as a way for people to back out of sales due to price changes.

Yeah, I agree but I'm not sure how to handle that. Maybe track cancelled sales arrangements the way we do with trades?

jassi007 wrote:
ReliquaryTower wrote:

It wouldn't be terrible as long as it wasn't used as a way for people to back out of sales due to price changes.

You also need to take into account the fact that some people are going to, legitimately, make mistakes when listing cards.

Just yesterday there was a guy who listed around 800 cards for sale, but mistakenly set some of the prices to $0.00. Instead of someone being an asshole and trying to gank free cards, they told the guy and he fixed it... but this current single-step system doesn't allow for someone who accidentally prices a card at $5.00 instead of $50.00 to catch that error before it's too late.

Sebi addressed the $0 thing earlier, at least. If a card is listed at $0, you can't add it to a cart - it treats it the same way as N/A. Still, I'd like a "safety valve". Perhaps have the chat functionality but make the transcript public? Have some record viewable so that sellers who are playing the spec market and cancel stuff during a price spike can get called out on it.

Last edited by ReliquaryTower (2014-03-27 18:31:08)

would just the standard feedback process work? If a seller cancels an order, and the buyer feels like it was due to a price spike, he could ask mods for permission to leave negative feedback? Then buyers would see certain sellers have low feedback and wouldn't be as likely to follow through. Some certain number of negatives would lead to ban from selling?

I suppose being able to open a case against a seller for suspected price-spike-cancellations is the best way to handle it. If a handful of similar complaints all come in over a period of time, despite the reasons the seller gives for cancelling, then that should lead to a sanction.

Most situations that people bring up when wanting an Accept button are exceptional situations. Not having a specific card because you mis-inventoried it, or gave it away the same day, or mis-labeled an Alpha card as NM when it was HP, these things happen, but happen rarely.

I think the seller canceling the order and offering a refund is an ok solution in these cases. I think we need to discourage it though, so we will allow the buyers to leave negative feedback in these cases if they want.

I have tried to edit the Refunds and Returns page a bit to clarify some of these things.

One, two or five negative feedbacks should not be a problem when you have tens / hundred of sales, it works for ebay & amazon & the other places too.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Last edited by sebi (2014-03-27 20:48:06)

Also, we went back on the rule of taking the Deckbox Fee even on refunded orders. This will NOT happen, refunds will not be billed.

Last edited by sebi (2014-03-27 20:48:57)