Topic: Please remove Mouse-over card image pop-up

I use a chrome plug-in that the new mouse-overs conflict with.  If you won't roll back this change please consider adding some ability to disable that site function so that it doesn't interfere with other tools.

Re: Please remove Mouse-over card image pop-up

i like having the mouse over ability. I like to see the cards that are in combos, as well as have a visual of the card. I would prefer to have a disable ability instead of removing it all together.

I also like the mouseover feature, and it has been part of the site since I joined some years ago. I do not want to see it go away. I use AutocardAnywhere to show me cards and values, and I've just added specific addresses from this site where I don't want it to be active. Is that the tool you are using?

I use these exceptions in AutocardAnywhere:

deckbox.org/sets/
deckbox.org/mtg/
deckbox.org/games/
google.com

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

We have the card tooltips since the beginning, and they are not going away smile

I do want to add market price info on the card tooltip though, during this week.

I like it.... maybe the better question to ask is, what plug-in does he use? could there be a programmatic way around it.

kind regards

> http://deckbox.org/users/P9CO

H: Tradelist | W: Standard cards on my wishlist
- The higher number on my want list the more I want it!

I use AutocardAnywhere which until very recently (up to Thursday or Friday of last week) worked just fine on Deckbox without modification to the white or blacklist.
Given that the tool continues to function as expected on every other site the only conclusion I can draw is that there has been a change to deckbox.org itself.  If there has always been this pop-over then I never noticed it until this change around the 21st was made.  Therefore, I'll reiterate my previous position which is to undo whatever change was implemented over the past weekend or provide some mechanism to prevent the site from blocking 3rd party tools.

As to the comment about adding price info to the deckbox tool tip frankly, there's already enough suggestions from deckbox about pricing from their chosen source (on tradelist, wishlist, and inventory pages) and I prefer some 3rd party input so I would say that in general it would be a waste of development cycles to add that to the pop-over currently used.

sloejack wrote:

I use AutocardAnywhere which until very recently (up to Thursday or Friday of last week) worked just fine on Deckbox without modification to the white or blacklist.
Given that the tool continues to function as expected on every other site the only conclusion I can draw is that there has been a change to deckbox.org itself.  If there has always been this pop-over then I never noticed it until this change around the 21st was made.  Therefore, I'll reiterate my previous position which is to undo whatever change was implemented over the past weekend or provide some mechanism to prevent the site from blocking 3rd party tools.

As to the comment about adding price info to the deckbox tool tip frankly, there's already enough suggestions from deckbox about pricing from their chosen source (on tradelist, wishlist, and inventory pages) and I prefer some 3rd party input so I would say that in general it would be a waste of development cycles to add that to the pop-over currently used.

We did not change anything regarding the pop-up.

Please get in touch with the AutocardAnywhere developers to fix this issue.

Then you changed something in such a way that in those list views, AutocardAnywhere is no longer working.  I appreciate that its easy to deflect whatever change was introduced when I guess wrong about what you did, but that doesn't alter the fact that there was a change and that it negatively impacts me and likely others and the visible expression of that change is in the pop-up behavior.

sloejack wrote:

Then you changed something in such a way that in those list views, AutocardAnywhere is no longer working.  I appreciate that its easy to deflect whatever change was introduced when I guess wrong about what you did, but that doesn't alter the fact that there was a change and that it negatively impacts me and likely others and the visible expression of that change is in the pop-up behavior.

Sloejack, Sebi said they didn't change anything regarding the pop-ups. Trust him when he says stuff. As for AutocardAnywhere pop-ups not working, it probably is an issue with the addon being unable to replace pop-ups. The addon still works everywhere else on Deckbox where DB pop-ups don't automatically happen. I don't recall AA pop-ups ever replacing DB pop-ups.

sloejack, it is possible that we influenced the plugin somehow. I have no idea how the plugin works...

I'm sorry, you seem to be upset about the plugin not working, but it is not our software and we cannot debug it. I am not trying to be unhelpful about this, it's just that it is not within our reach to help you.

That is why I said please make this bug report to the plugin developers. If they need any help or information from us we will provide it. But that's about the extent of what we can do smile