Topic: Seller Requiring Business Account?

I was hoping to use the new seller features to sell off some of my excess cards. But then I noticed that I'd need to have a Ebay Buisness account, so I went to upgrade my account. Which meant that I had to go and get an Australian Business Number. But to get one of those I have to lie and say that this is a serious business with like business plans and that I'm not doing it as a hobby.

Now I don't like acting fraudulently to government departments, it rubs me the wrong way. Oh and it can send one to jail.

Any really good reasons why it must be a Ebay Business account? The addition of seller accounts has made selling cards through trades a bad idea but I can't create a seller account in good faith.

Re: Seller Requiring Business Account?

Paypal has very confusing naming for their account types, and it has also changed recently. As far as I know the account for actual businesses was called "Premier" up until just a couple of weeks ago. Now I see that they only have Personal and Business on their US website as account types. 

With their current acount naming structure you only need a verified Personal account with paypal, where you can receive money. NOT a Business account.

I will remove and clarify that in our help pages.

Thanks smile

I upgraded my personal paypal account to a business account about a month ago without having to provide any legal documentation of any sort. I'm in the US so maybe that's the difference.

My PayPal still says:

Account Type: Premier Status: Verified

So they didn't change the existing accounts as far as I can tell.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-04-23 12:27:30)