Topic: Joined but not approved.

Hi,

I recently tried joining the Community but my joining request hasn't yet been approved - on the community page it says "Your request to join Reddit MTG Trades is awaiting approval".

Is there some other hoop I need to jump through before being approved?

Re: Joined but not approved.

It should happen one a mod gets to it. Just gotta be patient.

They probably approve people in batches once a week or so.  I remember it taking about a week.

Ah, cool. Thanks.

*goes back to sorting through and cataloging ten thousand cards or so*

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Just to give you a heads up, we're a big community but I don't know many people who trade in the UK. So having that restriction on yourself to only trade within your country may hinder you being able to complete some of your collections.

ColtonisWright wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Just to give you a heads up, we're a big community but I don't know many people who trade in the UK. So having that restriction on yourself to only trade within your country may hinder you being able to complete some of your collections.

Thanks.

It's more of a preference than a restriction.

I shall have to reword that part of my profile info (because having reread it I see it does come across as a restriction).

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
ColtonisWright wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Thanks.

I shall have to reword that part of my profile info (because having reread it I see it does come across as a restriction).

Oh cool, then I have some duals you need if you want to work out some sort of deal for them.

A lot of people think overseas trading is a big hassle.  Not sure of the costs UK->US, but US->UK is not terrible.  You just have to make sure the trade is worth it.  Usually if the shipping > 10% of trade value, I won't.  You just cut yourself off of a lot of opportunity.  Good luck, and welcome.

ColtonisWright wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
ColtonisWright wrote:

Thanks.

Oh cool, then I have some duals you need if you want to work out some sort of deal for them.

OK, cool.

I want to get the rest of my cards all cataloged, and my trade list sorted out, then I probably will contact you.

nullkarmaexception wrote:

A lot of people think overseas trading is a big hassle.  Not sure of the costs UK->US, but US->UK is not terrible.  You just have to make sure the trade is worth it.  Usually if the shipping > 10% of trade value, I won't.  You just cut yourself off of a lot of opportunity.  Good luck, and welcome.

Unfortunately not cheap at the low-value end.

So, I would be looking to make any UK->US trades high-value, for that very reason.