Topic: Where do you play?

I mostly play at home with my fiancee, but am hoping to be able to get things sorted to start going to Wizard's Asylum here in Wichita at some point in the near future.

Re: Where do you play?

I mostly play at home with friends and my girlfriend, but I'm changing jobs soon, and my evenings may opening up, so I will probably be going to Wizard's Asylum as well, or drafting at Hero Complex.

i play usually at my house with a friend and sometimes two other friends.  i think we're the only 4 that play in Pratt, KS.

Is Wizard's Asylum the only place here in town that organizes EDH nights?

Once in a blue moon, HC does also. You can also talk to the gents at C&R and see what they organize, but their hours are spotty. They do seem like the 'die hard' types in Wichita, though.

GalisDraeKon wrote:

Once in a blue moon, HC does also. You can also talk to the gents at C&R and see what they organize, but their hours are spotty. They do seem like the 'die hard' types in Wichita, though.

I've yet to go by C&R and find them open.

HC looked nice when I visited last week, think I'll try dragging the fiancee there for the coming prerelease.

Just trying to weigh all options for getting into multiplayer EDH, since it's mostly been duels with her.

For prereleases, HC is absolutely the best ever, however, everyone knows this, and it's usually packed. During the Gatecrash prerelease, we were looking at well over 150 people in 2 flights of 75, but during the core set prerelease, they had a much more manageable 30-40 (I took 3rd overall that night, giggidy.) C&R does better for the late evening crowd, and I hear their prereleases are manageable to say the least. They also have a huge area in which to fit a good amount of people.

Went to Wizard's Asylum for the Theros prerelease, did dirt poor. The only issue I have with them is their player base seems a tad.. dickish and elitist. Also, their playing area has much to be desired. If you played in the back, you were crammed in like sardines, but you had a chair and lights. If you played out front, you had plenty of space, but you stood, and you pretty much had to use your cell phones to read the cards.

Overall, Hero Complex is the place to be. If I ever opened a comic/card shop, I would use HC as a template, plus the staff and owner are very knowledgable. I just wish I lived closer.

Hero Complex has a Commander League on Thursday nights at 7pm. It's fairly well attended and most everyone is nice.

Hello Central MTG gang! My name is Lou and I wanna say thanks for accepting my request to join your community. Although I live approximately 180 miles east of the Mississippi River, I'm glad I could be included. When I read that this is a group of players mostly comprised of "Heartland" podunkers, I knew I fit the description. I live in a small town (Pop. 3000) in Southern Illinois and have only a small group of buddies that play Magic. When it comes to Pre-release tournaments and such, I usually travel to the St. Louis area to play. Otherwise, I host a monthly gathering at my house with anywhere from 6-15 people playing.
I've played and collected Magic cards since 1995 and have roughly a 100,000 card collection. I like to trade and discuss Magic. So again, thanks for welcoming me to the group. Hopefully we can do some trading and I can contribute in some interesting conversations.

Ciao for now!

I mostly play home or one of my brothers houses. I got them both into playing a few years ago and they are just as hooked as I am. I do go to the LGS which is either Wizards Asylum in Tulsa or Alien Games in Jenks for pre-releases, gamedays, and the occasional FNM/draft (basically whenever my wife and kids have their own stuff going on). I got into playing during the Odyssey block and took quite a few years off until I picked Duels of the Planeswalkers back up in 2012.

I've only been to one large tournament, GPOKC and did pretty well (6-3) for a noob. I'd like to get into Magic a bit more competitively and as my kids get a little older I'm hoping that I'll have more time to do so.