Re: TROPICAL ISLAND *Trade Auction* (ENDING @ Midnight)

I'm going to get soo sniped. Is there anything we can do to protect against snipers?

How about on the last day everyone PMs their final offer to Kol.

Bertongod wrote:

How about on the last day everyone PMs their final offer to Kol.

I like this suggestion!

(-O'')-O Profile | Trade List | Wish List O-(''O-)
eBay | TCGplayer

Liliana of the Veil x2 (16pts) - 29$x2 = 58$
Geist of Saint Traft (6pts) = 20$
Snapcaster Mage (7pts) = 24$
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben x2 (1pts) = 4$x2 = 8$
Karn Liberated (3pts) = 13$

Total value is 123$, and the Tropical Island is probably around 95$? Is there something I'm missing in these trades? It seems like a bit of a rip-off to me..

kaseius wrote:

Total value is 123$, and the Tropical Island is probably around 95$? Is there something I'm missing in these trades? It seems like a bit of a rip-off to me..

My guess is that all of those cards are standard, so their value is only temporary.

widdly_scuds wrote:
kaseius wrote:

My guess is that all of those cards are standard, so their value is only temporary.

Correct, the only cards in that pile that'll keep over time are the snapcasters (and MAYBE the liliana), but for someone who wants to cash out, this is a great trade up.

Ah, okay, so if I see people with old dual lands who want to trade (at LGSes), I should probably go for it then.

kaseius wrote:

Ah, okay, so if I see people with old dual lands who want to trade (at LGSes), I should probably go for it then.

Yeah, its generally a good idea. Just be careful, condition matters (and is harder to judge with old cards) and can swing a price pretty far.

dark confidant
verdant catacombs
bloodstained mire
elesh norn
batterskull
geist of saint traft

thats an offer

kaseius wrote:

I added it up and thought the same thing.
My guess is that most of the people don't have the cash to straight up buy dual lands or don't have the means to sell their cards.

2 Liliana of the Veil = 16
1 Geist of Saint Traft = 6
1 Snapcaster mage = 7
2 Thalia = 1
1 Verdant Catacombs = 6
= 36pts

PM going to be sent with top bid. Also, to answer the above post. You are almost never able to sell a card for 100% of its vendor value, a good way to get an idea about how much cash you can get for a card is to check out vender buylists (starcitygames has one, for example) to see how much money you'd get for a particular card. You'll notice that Tropical Island will give you quite a bit more money than the stuff Kol wants.

ErickC wrote:

2 Liliana of the Veil = 16
1 Geist of Saint Traft = 6
1 Snapcaster mage = 7
2 Thalia = 1
1 Verdant Catacombs = 6
= 36pts

PM going to be sent with top bid. Also, to answer the above post. You are almost never able to sell a card for 100% of its vendor value, a good way to get an idea about how much cash you can get for a card is to check out vender buylists (starcitygames has one, for example) to see how much money you'd get for a particular card. You'll notice that Tropical Island will give you quite a bit more money than the stuff Kol wants.

ErickC, I'm only giving 3pts per Verdant Catacombs. Teenyhuman is currently high, with 38pts i believe.

eBay | TCGplayer

Oops, I meant 6 pts worth of catacombs. Also, add Karn to that to make it right.

I enjoyed this and would've participated had it not been such a long window. This ties up too many cards that are indemand for too long. If you do this again, can you shorten the window please?

rabidmonkeys wrote:

I enjoyed this and would've participated had it not been such a long window. This ties up too many cards that are indemand for too long. If you do this again, can you shorten the window please?

How long do you think would be sufficient? It's my first one in a long time, so yeah. You think 4-5 days is too long?

eBay | TCGplayer

I would go for 3 days on a high dollar card. If they want to trade/bid for it, they don't have to bid right away. Speaking of which you don't have sniping rules

xmanii wrote:

I would go for 3 days on a high dollar card. If they want to trade/bid for it, they don't have to bid right away. Speaking of which you don't have sniping rules

I think if you do a point system again you should just bid points (rather than cards) and set up a system for max bid (perhaps sending a PM or email with your max points).