Re: Price issues

jambarama wrote:

When sellers go on vacation and their cards are not available to buy, their prices shouldn't show up on the card page.  For example, Eidolon of the Great Revel shows a "buy it now" price of $1.16 based on two sellers who are on vacation.  The cheapest price it can actually be bought at is $5.50 as of right now.

True, will fix.

A non-foil Typhoid Rats from the 2015 Core Set is $0.14. A foil one, according to deckbox's pricing, is $4.51. This seems unrealistically high given that starcitygames.com is selling the foils for $0.99 and tcgplayer.com / ChannelFireball is selling them for $0.49.

Last edited by terrafrost (2014-08-11 05:23:16)

terrafrost wrote:

A non-foil Typhoid Rats from the 2015 Core Set is $0.14. A foil on, according to deckbox's pricing, is $4.51. This seems unrealistically high given that starcitygames.com is selling the foils for $0.99 and tcgplayer.com / ChannelFireball is selling them for $0.49.

Fixed, thank you.

Magic the gathering cards with off prices.
- Foil Wargate is $5.00 not $500.
- Foil Kiki-Jiki the mirror breaker is $90 not $50.

KazeCole wrote:

You're correct on wargate, but $50 is way closer to the value for foil kiki (champions) than $90 given ebay, tcgplayer, and other sources

I'd be curious to know what the main source of these errors are.

I could see searches for super generic names yielding hits for non-MTG items that could result in skewed prices for those cards. Is that what's going on or is there something else affecting the prices?

bactgudz wrote:
KazeCole wrote:

You're correct on wargate, but $50 is way closer to the value for foil kiki (champions) than $90 given ebay, tcgplayer, and other sources

Not for a near mint one.  Please link me a near mint Kiki-Jiki going for $50.  I would buy that in a heart beat.

KazeCole wrote:
bactgudz wrote:
KazeCole wrote:

Not for a near mint one.  Please link me a near mint Kiki-Jiki going for $50.  I would buy that in a heart beat.

There is one for sale right now here on deckbox for 58$ smile

http://deckbox.org/mtg/Kiki-Jiki,%20Mir … ab=sellers

Fixed Wargate.

Maybe this has been addressed idk... i looked and didn't see anything, but i don't want to dig all day.

why aren't prices totally properly?

someone just offered me a trade... urborg and thoughseize for mutavault nightmare and tidebinder.

https://deckbox.org/trades/231070?s=7444

the prices for the individual cards are okay.  but the totals are way off...

elpablo wrote:

Maybe this has been addressed idk... i looked and didn't see anything, but i don't want to dig all day.

why aren't prices totally properly?

someone just offered me a trade... urborg and thoughseize for mutavault nightmare and tidebinder.

https://deckbox.org/trades/231070?s=7444

the prices for the individual cards are okay.  but the totals are way off...

I think it is because the edition is unmarked for urborg...it displays the m15 price but uses the planar chaos price in a trade

Last edited by bactgudz (2014-07-24 15:26:34)

should default to most recent print, but i bet your right...

someone could get cheated out of some value if they weren't paying attention.

bactgudz wrote:

I think it is because the edition is unmarked for urborg...it displays the m15 price but uses the planar chaos price in a trade

Correct, this was a bug we introduced when importing M15. Fixed now, thank you for reporting elpablo!

Mishra's Factory (Antiquities) has 4 different cards which seem to vary widely in value (anywhere from $6 to $130 depending on card and condition) but this site has no way of indicating which card(s) one has to justify the price being asked.   Any way to rectify? Maybe have a listing for each season with the appropriate price for each?

Thanks in advance for looking at it

slrsmith wrote:

Mishra's Factory (Antiquities) has 4 different cards which seem to vary widely in value (anywhere from $6 to $130 depending on card and condition) but this site has no way of indicating which card(s) one has to justify the price being asked.   Any way to rectify? Maybe have a listing for each season with the appropriate price for each?

Thanks in advance for looking at it

This is high on Deckbox's priority list.

sebi wrote:
yearofglad wrote:

I have a Maelstrom Wanderer in a deck from Planechase 2012. In the deck view, it lists the price as $40, which is closer to the price for the Commander version. In my Inventory window, it lists the price as $18 or so, which is basically the actual price selling elsewhere.

Yep, deck lists use generally the last printed 'core' edition or the last printed edition. They are not directly tied to your inventory in any way.

We do want to address this though, in the same release as 'inventory tagging'.

I would like to say that I would like to be able to make a "playset deck" of each edition so I can track my collention needs.  Meaning, I can make a deck of 4 of each card in the set and go to the deck to see which cards I'm missing to complete my playsets collections and how much it will cost me to get them.  So, being able to choose the edition on cards in a deck would be an AMAZING feature for me!!! smile

Foil 9th Adarkar Wastes is listed over $6,700.  The entire coldsnap set is still missing foil prices (foils show the non-foil price) see snow-covered island, etc.

bactgudz wrote:

Foil 9th Adarkar Wastes is listed over $6,700.  The entire coldsnap set is still missing foil prices (foils show the non-foil price) see snow-covered island, etc.

Fixed Adarkar Wastes.

Looking at Coldsnap, it is indeed treated like a set that does not have foil printings, but it certainly does smile.

Flames of the blood hand is listed around $1 but it's been at ~$5 for a week or so.

rfioren wrote:

Flames of the blood hand is listed around $1 but it's been at ~$5 for a week or so.

Any idea what caused the spike?

Hello!

Please check the price of mtg foil Sidewinder sliver, its 2,473.98$ right now.

!

ZuluKilo wrote:

Please check the price of mtg foil Sidewinder sliver, its 2,473.98$ right now.

Fixed.

There are some cards that show up with their more expensive version listed first. (or the only listing in decks) For example, Hua Tuo, Honored Physician shows up as a $50 card when it's only $0.50 and Command Tower shows up as $18.99 when it's only ~$1.50.

Anyone who's looking for a specific version of a card should need to go find the price for that version, but shouldn't everyone else see a card's real value first? (i.e. the lowest priced version)

Sorry if this comment is in the wrong section. It seems like a price issue to me.

Foil Funeral Charm isn't $10k.
Foil Shelldock Isle isn't $500.

BetweenWalls wrote:

There are some cards that show up with their more expensive version listed first. (or the only listing in decks) For example, Hua Tuo, Honored Physician shows up as a $50 card when it's only $0.50 and Command Tower shows up as $18.99 when it's only ~$1.50.

Fixed, ty for reporting.

Kammikaze wrote:

Foil Funeral Charm isn't $10k.
Foil Shelldock Isle isn't $500.

Fixed.