Re: New to Modern.

elpablo wrote:

You can do it cheaper, but it's like buying smart car and lining it up against muscle cars to race... you'll complete the race, but do it much slower than everyone else.   

I honestly wouldn't recommend modern if this is the price limit he has.

I wasn't trying to bash your deck or anything. It's a very solid RDW list. I was just trying to get as cheap as possible.

Here's an idea for a modern burn deck that features infinite combos right? ok turn 1 nothing. turn 2 the myr that adds red mana. turn 3 Silver Myr. turn 4 myr Galvanizer, turn 5 another myr Galvanizer. Turn 6 Volcanic Geyser or Blue sun Zenith to burn or mill them to death? or alternatively i keep those myr but run a lot of card draw and keep burning them and drawing cards and burning. are there any burn spells that allow you to draw cards?

no no, that's fine... it's not my deck tongue

I found a list that placed well from MTGO top 8 and put in deckbox to extract a price.  I was trying to make a point...

I have modern affinity together and I'm heading towards moden UWR control.   Dem fetches though.  I'll be dropping $100s around christmas/income tax time to finish it.

Alpha1 wrote:

Here's an idea for a modern burn deck that features infinite combos right? ok turn 1 nothing. turn 2 the myr that adds red mana. turn 3 Silver Myr. turn 4 myr Galvanizer, turn 5 another myr Galvanizer. Turn 6 Volcanic Geyser or Blue sun Zenith to burn or mill them to death? or alternatively i keep those myr but run a lot of card draw and keep burning them and drawing cards and burning. are there any burn spells that allow you to draw cards?

Modern is a "turn 4" format. You should be winning by turn 4 or well on your way to or you wont generally be in a great position.

I've been brewing a deck for a while now that could consistently Hard cast Emrakul on turn 4. Decided that it was good enough brought it to a friday night magic and I lost every single game I played...badly. So...yeah. Combos especially need to be good to go fast without vulnerable working components like a bunch of myr on the board.

Shoot affinity can win on turn 2/3 if they nut draw. 

Turn 3 emerakul huh?  the abusive power of tron just not good enough for you? tongue

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice but by the looks of it I'll just get myself a modern event deck but for now I'll stick to standard:)

elpablo wrote:

Shoot affinity can win on turn 2/3 if they nut draw. 

Turn 3 emerakul huh?  the abusive power of tron just not good enough for you? tongue

It actually started off as an attempt to a make a competitive angel deck because that is my favorite tribe but it never really worked. And then degenerated from there over two years to eventually because "I'm Gonna cast Emrakul turn 3-4 yaaaaa" Turns out even my eventual creation was not good enough.

But turn 3 Emakrul sounds tempting...

Alpha1 wrote:

but not feasible.  Turn 3 karn with natural tron sure... karn will bend your opponent over for a few turns while you get extra mana for emrakul.

elpablo wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:

but not feasible.  Turn 3 karn with natural tron sure... karn will bend your opponent over for a few turns while you get extra mana for emrakul.

I've done it a couple times.  and done Turn 4 alot...

Basically.

land & mana dork
(2 mana from before) Land & Fist of Suns
(3 Mana from before) Land, Simian Spirit Guide, Hard Cast Emrakul for 5.

that's a brave plan.  Abrupt decay is not your friend. 

also 5 color without fetches/shocks/dues that come into play untapped would  be pretty hard and those are all very expensive.

also also, that's 16 cards dedicated to that combo not counting lands... not a lot of wiggle room for flexibility.

also, also, also... surprise emrakul for 1 in 10 games sounds fun but losing the rest doesn't.

Nor is lightning bolt or any number of things. Its definitely got issues but interesting to work on.

This is around the closest the deck made it before I scraped some of the lesser concepts and moved on to rebuilding a new form.

http://deckbox.org/sets/727772

I always thought the amulet of vigor deck, while hard to play correctly, was a fun looking deck. 

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/28 … rimer.html

watching him pilot that during the protour was a thing of beauty.

Ill throw my 2cents in for the Modern Eggs deck. Its literally 75% commons and uncommons and its hilarious...

Here's the modern deck I'm building: https://deckbox.org/sets/730232 that ive chosen to build seeing its most affordable. Heres the link to the separate forum post:  https://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21372 Looking for feedback and ideas as you can see its not finished so I'm looking for suggestions. I copied and modified it.