Topic: v4.5: 25% Premium Discount, Bitcoin, Deckbuilding Enhancements

Happy Holidays!

For the December release, we've got some new features & surprises:

25% Premium Discount, Bitcoin support

For the entire month, the Premium Account subscription is down to $2.99 / month when purchasing the yearly plan, so waaay less than a booster pack.

As a bonus, we're now accepting Bitcoin as a payment method for premium subscriptions, for those of you who are cryptocurrency fans.

Deckbuilding features

We have added a mana curve graph and a couple of pie graphs to show the color distribution and card type distribution in decks. Let us know if you like'em.

For Premium Accounts, we have also added a variant tag, so you can now explicitly say which of your decks are Draft decks, Cubes, Commander, Singleton, or 'Tiny Leaders'. Speaking of Commander and Tiny Leaders, for these variants you can also pick a commander so you don't have to hunt for him in the listing anymore.

Another premium feature is a new listing mode necessary for Cubes, since they contain so many cards: the Compact listing. Smaller text & more columns should make for a faster and smoother experience when working with larger decks.

Check it out on my test cube deck here: https://deckbox.org/sets/1273445

Other smaller additions are a like button for decks, and an extra button to allow deck listings to be grouped by card color instead of by type, and various small fixes & tweaks.

Hope you like the changes, and you have a happy end of 2015!

Re: v4.5: 25% Premium Discount, Bitcoin, Deckbuilding Enhancements

Loving all of these improvements! Well done smile

Edit: The Planeswalkers that can be commanders from Commander 2014 don't show up in the dedicated commander field. (i.e. Nahiri)

Last edited by Kammikaze (2015-12-04 13:29:53)

I love the new enhancements.  I spend a lot of time trying to perfect my decks so the more info the better.  The new graphs and charts are great!

Kammikaze wrote:

Edit: The Planeswalkers that can be commanders from Commander 2014 don't show up in the dedicated commander field. (i.e. Nahiri)

Whoops forgot about'em smile. Should be fixed now.

Pfuah, Sebi must have won the lottery without telling me, his cube deck costs $23,804.22 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

sebi wrote:
Kammikaze wrote:

Whoops forgot about'em smile. Should be fixed now.

Ty good sir! smile

Small bug: Group listing by card color doesn't work for spoiler view.

laura wrote:

Pfuah, Sebi must have won the lottery without telling me, his cube deck costs $23,804.22 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Haha! Well, Black Lotus, Ancestral Recall, all the Moxes add up smile. I own about 100$ worth of cards from that list big_smile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8tvadodezeq5 … 6.png?dl=0

sebi wrote:
laura wrote:

Haha! Well, Black Lotus, Ancestral Recall, all the Moxes add up smile. I own about 100$ worth of cards from that list big_smile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8tvadodezeq5 … 6.png?dl=0

Yeah, otherwise we'd practically look like this: http://static2.businessinsider.com/imag … pile-1.png

laura wrote:

Yeah, otherwise we'd practically look like this: http://static2.businessinsider.com/imag … pile-1.png

You mean like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o3yz5iduzgv4 … s.jpg?dl=0

Labels seem not to work properly.

It's a bit sad that non-premium users can't even generate a sample hand of their Commander decks, because their Commander can be drawn as well. Such feature as sample hand shouldn't even exist then, if it doesn't work for every deck.

Is it possible to have such a compact version of a deck for other decks than cube? EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it's premium feature as well.

Last edited by Ber (2015-12-04 15:18:54)

Post's attachments

Clipboard01.png 5.98 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Love these updates! The tags and graphs are great, and the ability to specify a commander is really nice.

However, if I specify a commander and remove that creature from the actual deck, it now says my deck is incomplete. Can we change the setting so that EDH decks are complete at 99 cards when a commander is specified?

Thanks for all you do!

Great job guys. Can I request an additional variant? Something for "decks" that are just lists of cards that we're keeping track of for whatever reason? LST maybe?

Wow love the updates! Thank you deckbox team!

not sure if this is due to the updates but i keep getting logged out when i change areas on the site. ie from wishlist to tradelist etc.

Great Job, Deckbox Crew!  The nerd in me loves graphs, charts, and stats.  All the changes are really positive.

Due to a lack of a like button on this forum, I'm posting my "like."

wink

Thanks so much for all the updates and for the discount!

Hey Sebi,

Lots of feedback for you, good and bad: First, bitcoin=win, so thanks for that. Glad you're getting onboard with the currency of the future. Kudos!

As for the variant tags, maybe its just me but I really don't like them: they're distracting, ugly, and don't provide me with any useful information. But since I'm the minority, could we get an option to turn them off? Or maybe just a blank tag option for each deck, that is the default choice for non-premium users?

On another subject, while I am a premium user and not a commander player, I do agree with what Ber said: The commander selection feature should be an option for non-premium users as it is fundamental to that type of deck. I enjoy the benefits of paying for premium status but as a newbie to the site would have been turned off if such an essential feature was restricted to premium only.

Thanks for all that you do to continue making deckbox an even better site!

Ausp

My only gripe is that all my commander decks are now listed as Vintage.

This bothers me far more than it should.

I would also like to turn off the variant tags.

Possible bug: Not sure if this is related to the new site updates, but for some reason on my iPad (iPad 2, more specifically) I can't access some of the functionality of the site in desktop mode. Trade chat won't load, I can't click on the "Cards Received" button, etc. Not sure what's going on, but it worked last week and it doesn't work now for me.

9700377 wrote:

Possible bug: Not sure if this is related to the new site updates, but for some reason on my iPad (iPad 2, more specifically) I can't access some of the functionality of the site in desktop mode. Trade chat won't load, I can't click on the "Cards Received" button, etc. Not sure what's going on, but it worked last week and it doesn't work now for me.

Weird, I received another report of bad things in Safari but I somehow cannot reproduce them. This is in Safari, correct?

Correct. I wish I had a better guess at why this was happening. Let me know if there's anything I can do or test to help.

I should have made clear that the trade chat and "Click to Receive" thing were the only issues I ran into. I could otherwise navigate the site okay. But I didn't test much other stuff.

Last edited by 9700377 (2015-12-05 11:07:02)

I guess there should be a new "Variant" filter in search option after this update. But then it won't be possible for non-premium users to make their Commander decks searchable because of being unable to set the Commander variant tag.

Last edited by Ber (2015-12-05 16:03:19)