Topic: Cards Available to trade and trading opportunities

I've been having  some issues qith the trade opportunities option, I go there and find that suposedly only 2 people on my country have cards I'm looking for (cards on my wishlist), but looking at other peoples deckbox page (provided via community pages) I do find people with cards on my wishlist.

Also, I noticed that when you enter someone deckbox page, it's suposed to show cards on your wishlist that person has and viceversa, but when I do this, it says he or she doesn't have cards I need, but after I go ahead and look on the tradelist anyways I do find cards I have on my wishlist. Is this a bug that`s only happening to my? Or is this feature malfunctioning.

Thanks

Re: Cards Available to trade and trading opportunities

Do you have a specific edition that you want vs what the other person has? I am not 100%, but maybe that is an issue.

My bet is that trade opportunities are based on where both you and everyone else is willing to trade. If, for example, someone from the US is only willing to trade within the US, then they shouldn't show up on your trade opportunities. Change your setting to Worldwide (or continent) and you should see more matches. (Edit Profile > Trading Information > Will Send)

valdor wrote:

Do you have a specific edition that you want vs what the other person has? I am not 100%, but maybe that is an issue.

No, I have it set so that I would take the card from any edition and I also activated relaxed matching.

Kammikaze wrote:

My bet is that trade opportunities are based on where both you and everyone else is willing to trade. If, for example, someone from the US is only willing to trade within the US, then they shouldn't show up on your trade opportunities. Change your setting to Worldwide (or continent) and you should see more matches. (Edit Profile > Trading Information > Will Send)

That could be it, maybe people have it set so that the would trade only locally so they don't apear, but I feel like that should't preventing from showing up, deckbox should make so that the opportunity apears and tells me that the person only wants to trade locally, who knows, they could be persuaded.

What I've notice the last few days is that some people use the page incorrectly as they put the card they're willing to trade as inventory instead of tradelist. So that's another factor

Last edited by dmata90 (2017-07-11 17:35:21)

The problem with showing people that only want to trade locally, is that most people aren't going to notice the user is set to that, so people set to "just trade locally" will get a lot of offers that they probably don't want. I've also noticed some users set it to this, so that they can propose offers out, but people can't search for them to propose them offers, giving them a little greater control over what trades they conduct. I don't know that I approve of this usage, but it is what it is.