Topic: Specific Edition in a deck

Hi. I'm wondering if there is anything in the works for being able to put a specific version of a card into a deck. Not just the latest edition printed. The ability to do this is something I've been waiting wanting for a long time. I'd want to know both the edition and if foil or not. Hope this is something that can be implemented.

Re: Specific Edition in a deck

Coming soon! (I know I said that a lot, but this time I'm really trying to finish it already!) big_smile

Oh man that's some amazing news.

sebi wrote:

Coming soon! (I know I said that a lot, but this time I'm really trying to finish it already!) big_smile

This is great news. While you're working on it, there's another related feature that might be easy for you to do as it's so similar:

Changing algorithm for choosing individual card edition/price displayed by a deck - or allowing a user site-wide setting to choose. Personally, if I'm not able to assign a specific edition of card to a deck, I want the edition which has lowest cost.

Being a Pauper player, I almost always look for the least expensive price on cards so when I am trying to build a deck, I want to know the lowest cost of cards I'm missing. I'm not sure what algorithm is currently used to determine card edition within a deck, but it is definitely not lowest cost, and often the edition displayed is not even in my inventory.

For example - Urza's Mine shows as Ninth Edition, $6.47 in my various Tron decks. The reality is that I don't own any from Ninth edition. I have a bunch from Chronicles that are worth just over $1.00 for the most part, and if I wanted to buy more I would be paying less than $1.50 for each Urza's Mine - I would never consider buying 9th Edition Urza's Mine.

Some Pauper $60 or $70 Pauper decks look on Deckbox as if they cost over $150 because of the editions they're pulling from. If the algorithm displayed editions that had the lowest current cost of card, I would get a much more realistic sense of how much I need to pay for "cards not owned" and therefore make the "cards not owned" number a much more helpful number.

I have no idea if players in formats other than Pauper would care about such a feature.