Topic: LOTR

When will the new set be added?

Re: LOTR

I'm eager to know too. It's prerelease today and many other card sites have the cards imported. Does WotC provide an API a site can integrate with to import each new set or how does this work?

Showing my interest too.

Thanks

Imported now.

Does WotC provide an API a site can integrate with to import each new set or how does this work?

Nope, no API, they don't even have a complete and correct listing on gatherer.wizards.com. Every site has their own way, some manually entering, others using data from scryfall / gatherer / mtgjson etc.

I have to believe they have all the cards in a digital format for the printing months in advance. I understand strictly limiting access to that but once preview season for a set is done, it should be REALLY easy to open access up to it and partner with fansites to set up API integrations to auto-load. I guarantee the fans it developers have the expertise to adjust their systems for that. This seems like a wasted opportunity

maxwellp wrote:

I have to believe they have all the cards in a digital format for the printing months in advance. I understand strictly limiting access to that but once preview season for a set is done, it should be REALLY easy to open access up to it and partner with fansites to set up API integrations to auto-load. I guarantee the fans it developers have the expertise to adjust their systems for that. This seems like a wasted opportunity

Yep, they've probably been told and asked for something like this for 25 years now, but alas, no data is provided.