Topic: [Bug Report] Negative inventory value

Sebi, take a look at my Inventory for Sejiri Refuge .  When looking at the card details via the card database (for MTG), there is an entry in my inventory list with a quantity of -1, for a card with no edition details.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: [Bug Report] Negative inventory value

HikingStick wrote:

Sebi, take a look at my Inventory for Sejiri Refuge .  When looking at the card details via the card database (for MTG), there is an entry in my inventory list with a quantity of -1, for a card with no edition details.

Thanks for the report. It should now actually show 0 as inventory count, which is correct. The fact that it shows 0 inventory count 5 tradelist count we sadly cannot fix ourselves, and it's up to you guys to manually adjust.

The explanation for why this 0/5 issue happens is:

- before the release you had 10 Sejiri Refuge: 2 from Venser vs Koth and 8 from Zendikar
  - you had 5 Sejiri Refuge in your tradelist
  - none of the 10 were marked as "for trade" in the details window.

So when we migrated this data for the release, your sejiri refuges are displayed separately, 2 Venser vs Koth, 8 from Zen, and we do not know which 5 of those you want to trade. 5 from Zen? 2 from Venser, 3 from Zen? No way to tell. So they appear separately with 0 and 5, a bad side effect of the new system.

This topic maybe warrants more discussion.

Someone brought up the issue that sometimes they do not care which of the cards they trade. So in your Sejiri Refuge case, you'd like to trade 5 of them, and you do not really care which ones.

The current implementation does not allow that, as you have to mark specifically which ones you wish to trade.

What do you guys think about this? Anyone else preferring the old system?

sebi wrote:

This topic maybe warrants more discussion.

Someone brought up the issue that sometimes they do not care which of the cards they trade. So in your Sejiri Refuge case, you'd like to trade 5 of them, and you do not really care which ones.

The current implementation does not allow that, as you have to mark specifically which ones you wish to trade.

What do you guys think about this? Anyone else preferring the old system?

I am one of those that doesn't really care about which edition I trade away, since I didn't put in the effort to exactly inventory.  It seems easy enough for me to just leave the edition field for the tradelist blank and only populate it for important $$ distinction (IE Legends vs. Chronicles).

Basically, I like the new way.  I agree it can be annoying to say that I want 2 VVK and 3 ZEN as opposed to just 5 total though.

Thanks for the explanation, Sebi.  I figured it was something like that.

As to the broader discussion, it really depends on the card and edition.  Sometime, like when I'm trying to complete specific playsets, which editions I trade for (or away) does matter.  For other cards, like when building EDH decks, it doesn't matter as often.  I'm one who previously advocated for things like a button to mark all quantities over X (e.g., anything higher than 4) as available for trade.

Personally, I would love to have the option to specify a "Not available for trade" flag, but that's just one stubborn fool's opinion.

I think the updates are all moving in the right direction, Sebi.  Bravo! [And brava! to you, Laura.] The next few weeks will get some bugs sorted out, and then you'll be able to consider design refinements and enhancements.  Make sure you get some rest!, and thanks again.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.