Topic: Value of a collection

Hello everyone!  My name is Tiffany, and I just got done entering over 4000 cards, with at least twice that many to go!  I am wondering, is there a way to have this system calculate the approximate value of your collection?  I know it lists the prices for a card when it is entered, but does it have a feature that gives a running total?

Re: Value of a collection

Hello and welcome to the community.

Yes there is a way to do this.  In the inventory, on the upper right, under view, click show value.  Hope that helps!

Yes, You can see the value of a collection if you go the top right corner, on say your inventory, where it says "View". It should bring a drop down list with the last option being "Show Value". Click that and it will add up the value of your inventory, tradelist or wishlist based on how your choose to see Card values, ie TCG HIGH, MID and LOW pricing.

EDIT:  ARGH Beaten to the punch lol

Last edited by Helios52 (2013-02-22 01:56:45)

That is awesome!!  Thank you all so much!  I was using this other site called mtgprice.com, and spent days entering my cards.  All of the sudden, it just quit letting me in.  I was really cranky, because this site showed how much the collection was worth.  So, I called a friend of mine to see if there was another option for me, and deckbox was the suggestion!  Frankly, this site is WAY easier to use, and defininitely has more tools and options.  Thankfully, I was able to figure out how to move my other collection to excel and using your super easy imports, bam!  all 4000+ cards entered in less than 5 seconds!  YAY! 

Just another quick question...how do you tell this system that your card is foil?

You can distinguish it is foil when you import the card, or by editing the details on the specific in your inventory.  It is the last option after you choose the set, condition, and language, you can show if it is foiled/promo/textless/signed.

Almundjoy wrote:

You can distinguish it is foil when you import the card, or by editing the details on the specific in your inventory.  It is the last option after you choose the set, condition, and language, you can show if it is foiled/promo/textless/signed.

This is spot on, but keep in mind that at current Deckbox does NOT have price corrections for foils.  This is likely coming soon as TCG has recently changed to incorporate foil pricings as well (and that's where the API that Deckbox uses comes from), but at least for the time being, if you're looking to get an estimated value for your entire collection, it will under-estimate the foil prices.