Topic: Integral Site Additions *Updated*

I haven't been on here long, but I love the potential and order of it, and I find it far superior to other deck building sites. I believe it has great value and is worth working on to greatly expand the community.
I am always full of ideas and I would like to share some of them with The Team and other interested/invested parties. I messaged a Team member and rambled about some of these, and soon realized this would be a better forum (ahem) to present and discuss the concepts. These are rather simple schemes, but they have been successful in many markets, and would almost inherently increase the user count. Scan or study, please let me know if: you feel these to be effectual, would alter any details, have any additional input, and most importantly, do we have the capacity to implement such updates.

1. Counter system.
A simple counter system throughout the site. Profiles, tradelists, trades, decks, start counting views and provide display options via user settings. People may come here for the people and trades, some may come for the organization, but everyone likes to feel like the are doing it with others, let alone feeling accomplished at high profile/deck views, and bragging rights on trade or comment count. Users could choose display relevant counts on their pages, or have a master count on their main profile page.

2. Decklist Rating
Right now we have comments, which are necessary, but they often get convoluted and irrelevant through time and deck updates. A rating system for deck lists can be available to activate by the list creator, which would allow other users, with enhanced privacy options, from friends to users to public, to provide black&white feedback. 4/5/10 star/'mana' rating, Thumbs Up/Down, +1/-1, etc. can be used. Obviously, steer clear of prominently used rating systems, especially by competition. Provide options to change / reset votes after deck updates. This rating system's application is endless.

3. Increased Facebook Interconnectivity
It seems some users have joined via Facebook, as some users have their FB link on their profile; others didn't sign up originally with Facebook. Either way someone joins, the option to connect one's Facebook profile and automatically post updates and comments would exponentially increase exposure. Spruce up the DB.org Facebook page and main page to convince these Facebook friends to join up, and bam! New, local, interested users!
To increase hits from Facebook, add 'buttons' to Like and Share on users' Inventory and Trade/Wishlist, Community Events, and forum threads. Even an option to share specific cards could be added to Card Actions in inventories, allowing users to highlight special cards now available in their Tradelist.

4. Increase Aesthetics
On attracting new members, while many prefer function over form, why not have function with form? I appreciate the simplicity and lack of distractions throughout the site, but I am a connoisseur of subtleties, and could greatly appreciate some flavorful stylings for headers and margins. It could only magnetize members and get them to keep clicking into Deckbox. What do you guys think?

5. The "Badge/Achievement/Trophy/Accomplishment/Award/Star/Card" System
This is purely for fun, with no purpose other than to fill the ever-present need to achieve and accrue within every human. This would GREATLY encourage users to return, use for extended periods, and update information on Deckbox. From completing Beginner / Trade Etiquette tutorials, to having over 10,000 total, or even unique! cards in your inventory, to trade count awards, an infinite amount of pursuits can be made. Planning would need to go into maintaining the value of being able to display these achievements, and many options need to be provided for displaying the 'badges'. Titles can be achieved and sub-texted under usernames, profile name / text colors unlocked, and much more can be provided to increase user enjoyment.

I can also provide coding and additional assistance for most of these concepts.
Discuss thoughts and the possibility of the plans. Thanks! smile

Last edited by Kyrs (2013-04-29 20:21:39)