Topic: Minotaur deck

So I've had this deck since Theros block first came out, and it's been going through a few changes lately to phase out the cards that left standard. I am thinking of entering it in a few Constructed tournaments. Any thoughts on what would cause this deck problems and ideas to fix that?

https://deckbox.org/sets/831285

Re: Minotaur deck

https://deckbox.org/sets/754882

That is my minotaur deck.  You need Ragemonger.  He really makes the whole deck work.  Kragma Warcaller and Ragemonger are such a great combination.  If the cards fall right you can swing for 12 on round 4. 

I use the burn spells primarily to remove obstacles.  The spells are kind of secondary depending on your preferred style of play.   I could also see using combat tricks and a few auras if you prefer. 

I've been pondering running Whip of Erebos myself, just because there is so much life gain in the format right now, you might need to keep your life going us as well.  Plus you can bring back a Kragma Warcaller or Rageblood Shaman for their bonuses.

I really enjoy playing Minotaurs, they can be a ton of fun.

Thanks for the tips.

Hey... great to see another Minotaur deck out there smile

I also enjoy running Minotaurs - will post my decklist soon.  Your deck looks good.  One suggestion I have is to consider swapping in some Crater's Claws (I run 2) and perhaps 1 or 2 of Mogis, God of Slaughter.  I've found the interaction with both of these cards to work very well.

Gallagher604 wrote:

Hey... great to see another Minotaur deck out there smile

I also enjoy running Minotaurs - will post my decklist soon.  Your deck looks good.  One suggestion I have is to consider swapping in some Crater's Claws (I run 2) and perhaps 1 or 2 of Mogis, God of Slaughter.  I've found the interaction with both of these cards to work very well.

I used to run Mogis, but I found that whenever I had him in hand I would have had preferred to have just about any other card in my deck in hand.  I may have to take another look.   I keep tinkering with the spell side of my deck.  I haven't really considered Crater's Claw mainly because I wasn't thinking of having a lot of mana available, but I could see that be very adaptable.