Topic: Premium: Edition Checklist suggestion

When looking at the edition checklist feature, I find it's difficult to quickly recognize what cards I have and don't. I would find useful a feature that allows me to have certain cards highlighted if they meet a certain number threshold. I suggest this number be user-defined, since different collectors consider different amount to be "completed."

E.g., I would want to be able to set some variable X in an edition's menu as 4, representing a playset. Now, when looking at, say, Journey into Nyx, all cards where I have 4 or more copies of that card, that card's line is highlighted in some color (perhaps user-defined also). But, when I go to the Gatecrash edition's menu I can set it to 1 and have the same above-mentioned results (because maybe I just want 1 copy of non-standard card, and a playset of standard ones).

Re: Premium: Edition Checklist suggestion

Yep, been just thinking about that today. How about to just always have 2 levels, a lighter one for cards you have more than 1 of, and a slightly darker for cards you have a playset of?

Also, on the set tracking i only have zendikar full art and other premium lands listed, but it's assuming my "forest" is from khans and not paying attention to the edition i have selected.

sebi wrote:

Yep, been just thinking about that today. How about to just always have 2 levels, a lighter one for cards you have more than 1 of, and a slightly darker for cards you have a playset of?

It would certainly remove much of the complexity I suggested. For those who are just looking to have one full set of an edition, your suggestion will hit the spot. Those kinds of users would probably make up the large majority of those who would be interested in this sort of feature.

By the way, I'm not sure if I'm missing it or if this is not part of the feature, but is there a way to create custom "editions." The way I've been using the [Decks] feature is to organize my collection of special lands (e.g., all fetchlands, duals, fast lands, etc.). By placing 4 of each land in such a "deck," I can in theory track how many of them I have (I'm looking to get foil playsets of each land). However, one feature decks lack is being able to specify the edition of the card (it defaults to the most resent edition). Does the new edition checklist feature offer a solution to this?

renoan wrote:

However, one feature decks lack is being able to specify the edition of the card (it defaults to the most resent edition). Does the new edition checklist feature offer a solution to this?

this would be desirable.  I have foil, more expensive editions in some of my decks... it'd be nice to get a sense of what my edh deck is really "worth".

elpablo wrote:
renoan wrote:

However, one feature decks lack is being able to specify the edition of the card (it defaults to the most resent edition). Does the new edition checklist feature offer a solution to this?

this would be desirable.  I have foil, more expensive editions in some of my decks... it'd be nice to get a sense of what my edh deck is really "worth".

This