Topic: Select specifically non-foil for wants?

Hello!

I was wondering if there is some way I can select that I want only a non-foil version of a card? This has been bugging me ever since I joined this site because whenever I add something to my wantlist, it matches me with people that have foil versions of it. This always messes up my trade matches because of false values which are of no use to me.

For example I want only nonfoils and want card X that costs $5 non-foil and $15 foil. When I go to my trade matches, it shows me someone with card X but as a foil, and it shows as one of my first matches because the value of that foil is $15, and so, higher than a match with someone that has a non-foil. But this foil match is irrelevant to me and is making it harder to find things I want!

Conversely, when I have a foil version of a card and want to trade it, it shows up higher in my trade matches for people that probably only want non-foils too and so makes those matches almost pointless to me. I have to specifically set a filter and look for people that want a foil version only in order to see relevant trades.

Hopefully there is a quick workaround? If not, it would be awesome when you add a card to your wants if you could select "non-foil" in the same way that you select foil. Or leave it blank if you don't have a preference.

Re: Select specifically non-foil for wants?

+1. This feature would only be relevant to the wishlist and trade opportunities. Inventory, tradelist, decks etc would not be affected.

Kammikaze wrote:

+1. This feature would only be relevant to the wishlist and trade opportunities. Inventory, tradelist, decks etc would not be affected.

Yep exactly this! Would make looking for trades so so much better. Hopefully more people feel the same!

I second this, was actually going to suggest this.

It's hard to find the optimal trade, when you have to disregard Onslaught foil fetches - when you just look for a normal fetch smile

I agree this would be an excellent feature.

Second this as well, extremely inconvenient.  Disappointing I haven't seen any replies to this topic in quite some time as it is clearly one of the most aggravating (and maybe one of the few) things about deckbox.

Still want to add a strict option for the flags on the trading opportunities page. Just did not get to it, the trading op page & queries need a more sizeable refactoring as they are causing performance problems too. So I kept not finding time for it... but soon (tm)...

sebi wrote:

Still want to add a strict option for the flags on the trading opportunities page. Just did not get to it, the trading op page & queries need a more sizeable refactoring as they are causing performance problems too. So I kept not finding time for it... but soon (tm)...

Great to hear that is on the radar! It's still a feature that I wish was there every time I go to the trading opportunities page.

Just wanted to bump this again smile It's still the #1 thing that I'd be so happy to have!